Confirmed with Link: Adams says there is no downside if Portillo & Johnson go back to college for another year

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
If either of these guys return to college, I would imagine they’re 99% going the UFA route as well.

Reactions: teddygmr

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Relax, Kevyn has a plan. It's called be flexible and see where it goes.

To make sure you don’t rush them, where do you find a veteran? Is it the same thing as this year where you sign Craig Anderson, you sign someone for next year?

That’s something we’re looking at right now. It’s a little early, but where are we next year with our roster? I, for sure, think it’s important to have stability in net. If we have a younger goaltender on our team, such as UPL, you want to make sure that he’s with someone and they want to get along, they want to work together. I just think that is important.

Ultimately, we’ll see where the other two are, but we do have a plan of how we’re going to move forward with all three of them. You never know exactly how it goes, right? It’s kind of just being flexible, but we do have a plan for all three of them as we sit today.

You look at Levi’s numbers, it seems he’s proven what he can prove in college. I don’t know if that’s the plan after he gets done or …

In fairness to him — I’d say this about him, Erik and Owen — me, my staff and everybody that’s been interacting with them this year, we’ve really stayed focused on letting them be present and be where they need to be now. I want to make sure I continue to do that because they’re in a really critical time in their season with the playoffs. But I think for all those guys, we’re excited and we have a plan for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad