xOWjy.gif

ScholarlyWelldocumentedFairyfly.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Mediocre defenseman until he got paired with Andy Greene - who has made every D-partner he's played with over the last decade look better than they actually are. Deeply possible he's not a legitimate top-4 guy.

So, yay!

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Hopefully he's ready to take a Victor Hedman like step forward rather than us having just acquired a younger Mark Fayne.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
The best magic trick he ever did was to get back Hall in a trade.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Is there a chart to show Larsson's production compared to the rest of the league? I can't remember which site to go to to find these.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I feel sorry for the guy he is going to be a massive whipping boy very quickly unless he comes out of the chutes very strong.

RuneMcEres

Seasons in the Abyss
Oct 24, 2006
Bergen, Norway
He's been improving all the time, and he still has lots of room for further improvement in a more offensive oriented system than NJD has. I like the player, and I think he's gonna be real solid for us.

NeutralZone

Oct 29, 2011
I really hope he works out. So far he doesn't seem to have the offense to be a #1 guy but some people say he has that potential. Anything less and what he cost will forever be held against him. At least he's got a good contract.

I'd be more confident in the organization's assessment of him if the Rienhart trade had worked out better.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
I hope mods get in here quick to tell people to keep the talks about the player in question.

You need to disconnect that he was traded for Hall. Larsson is our player now.

I'm hoping he can live up to potential.

SPIRIT

Mar 12, 2014
I am way okay with this.

The player Taylor Hall on the ice is a great player. I've enjoyed watching him and I will miss him.

I think there are some major question marks with this player. The Oiler brass had him billed as captain material, a franchise player. I think this is untrue. I think he is a driver on the ice, and a weak figure in the locker room. The team has been melting down and the eyes in the lockeroom have been on him. He did not answer the bell.

The coaches know him, the GM knows him, they felt they wanted to move this player along.

We got a HELL of a player with Adam Larsson. He is a 23 year old future 1D - that is fantastic. He will grow to play in all situation, fit in with our Swedes, and move the puck to our incredible group of forwards:

McDavid
Draisaitl
Nuge
Pulujujarvi
Eberle

Wow!

I love this trade. We got a pillar!

Nurse
Klefbom
Larsson

... That is one hell of a future top 3 defense.

Chill, guys. We got better today.

Chia ain't done.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Guy better have nerves of ****ing steel.

All that pent up aggression Oilers fans built up after Justin Schultz is going to come straight down on him if he doesn't look like Lidstrom Jr. out there.

He seems like exactly what the doctor ordered. Big, cheap, under contract, two-way, RShot all situations defender.

Continuing to wonder if people actually know what this means...

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Larsson is a good player. I think he will be a solid #2 in the future.

The horse **** return we got for Hall shouldn't impact our evaluation of Larsson.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I KNEW the magician was Adam Larsson!

Consensus on Larsson from NJ Devils fans:
- He is elite defensively. +15 on one of the worst teams last year.
- Still has untapped offensive potential. Didn't play on the PP last year. A quick look at his highlights confirms that when he does score, it looks really good. He just needs more chances.
- He plays a steady mistake free 23 minutes a night.
- Well liked as a person.
- He's signed LONG TERM to a Good Contract. This has value!

He had a huge draft pedigree:

"“He’s much better now than Lidstrom was at the same age,” Tommy Boustedt, the Swedish hockey federation’s national director of development, said in a phone interview from Sweden. “If he hadn’t played for our under-18 team in April he would have played on our men’s national team in May, he’s that good.

“I think he will be, in the end, one of the best defenders our country has ever produced.”

“Great tournament,” one scout said of Larsson’s WJC, which was all the more impressive because he was battling through a groin injury. “He stepped up and made himself a factor. He was moving his feet more, just a lot more involved than we had seen him. From the blueline in, he’s a lot more dangerous offensively than (Victor) Hedman at the same age.”

One European NHL scout from a Western Conference team told NHL.com that Larsson might be ahead of where Victor Hedman was at the midway point of his draft year two years ago. Hedman was chosen by the Tampa Bay Lightning with the No. 2 pick in 2009.

“Hedman was allowed to do more with his home team in Sweden, so they let him be more active with the puck and try different things,” the scout said. “I think Adam Larsson plays a safer game. I certainly think he has the same potential as Hedman. He’s every bit as good with the puck and he might be a touch tougher. Hedman is a little bigger, but they’re both unbelievably good skaters. I think I would take Larsson over Hedman if I could, based on what I’ve seen the last three years.”

"Strengths:
Size – great frame
Superior hockey sense
Smooth skater
Accurate point shot
Defensive acumen
Outstanding outlet passer
Positioning and recoverability
Puck-handling"

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He is much better than you guys are giving him credit for. Kid is on a great contract. An excellent shut down guy, great PKer, and untapped offensive potential.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Good contract, good player, just a shame what we had to do to get him here. That has nothing to do with him though, if he was a free agent signing I'd be really happy to see him on the team. He'll make our back end better, and hopefully we'll see some steps forward on the front to make up for losing Hall, because if not... wow.

SPIRIT

Mar 12, 2014
I KNEW the magician was Adam Larsson!

Consensus on Larsson from NJ Devils fans:
- He is elite defensively. +15 on one of the worst teams last year.
- Still has untapped offensive potential. Didn't play on the PP last year. A quick look at his highlights confirms that when he does score, it looks really good. He just needs more chances.
- He plays a steady mistake free 23 minutes a night.
- Well liked as a person.
- He's signed LONG TERM to a Good Contract. This has value!

He had a huge draft pedigree:

"“He’s much better now than Lidstrom was at the same age,†Tommy Boustedt, the Swedish hockey federation’s national director of development, said in a phone interview from Sweden. “If he hadn’t played for our under-18 team in April he would have played on our men’s national team in May, he’s that good.

“I think he will be, in the end, one of the best defenders our country has ever produced.â€

“Great tournament,†one scout said of Larsson’s WJC, which was all the more impressive because he was battling through a groin injury. “He stepped up and made himself a factor. He was moving his feet more, just a lot more involved than we had seen him. From the blueline in, he’s a lot more dangerous offensively than (Victor) Hedman at the same age.â€

One European NHL scout from a Western Conference team told NHL.com that Larsson might be ahead of where Victor Hedman was at the midway point of his draft year two years ago. Hedman was chosen by the Tampa Bay Lightning with the No. 2 pick in 2009.

“Hedman was allowed to do more with his home team in Sweden, so they let him be more active with the puck and try different things,†the scout said. “I think Adam Larsson plays a safer game. I certainly think he has the same potential as Hedman. He’s every bit as good with the puck and he might be a touch tougher. Hedman is a little bigger, but they’re both unbelievably good skaters. I think I would take Larsson over Hedman if I could, based on what I’ve seen the last three years.â€

"Strengths:
Size – great frame
Superior hockey sense
Smooth skater
Accurate point shot
Defensive acumen
Outstanding outlet passer
Positioning and recoverability
Puck-handling"

This just got me even more fired up than I already was.

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad