Player Discussion: Adam Pelech

Spybot

May 12, 2014
I loved how relentless he was when tying up his man. Couple problems with positioning playing his off side like charlie mentioned, but if this was the preview of things to come, it's not half bad.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
He just said in the post game that he's from Toronto. I guess we're losing another one to the Leafs...

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
Was impressed. Showed poise, strength in front of the net and smart d-sense.

Hope to see him again against the Caps.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
This is where everyone says how good a guys been because he's a prospect, even though he's pretty much average so far.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Did the talk about whether he's played his off side before and whether he was comfortable doing it? Seems strange that they'd throw him in like that but the coaching staff knows more than I do about where he can play.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
He was fine, which equates to great around here when the alternative (#37) is considered.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Honestly, his play could make Strait expendable. If he keeps playing like this he could just take the guys spot and we can waive Strait.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
He's been solid so far. If we didn't have a journey man playing in our top-4, perhaps we'd be less enthusiastic.

We could use a reliable, stay at home guy like Pelech. It's actually refreshing to have someone who plays a conservative game. He had some good moments tonight, particularly behind the net and along the boards.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
So far so good. He's as advertised, which is fine for a bottom pairing guy. Not flashy, solid at everything, great at nothing. I'll take it.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
So far so good. He's as advertised, which is fine for a bottom pairing guy. Not flashy, solid at everything, great at nothing. I'll take it.

The big thing for me is his size, he's listed as 6'3 210 and looks it. Leddy and CdH are relatively undersized, but are able to be effective due to their excellent skating - Leddy is NHL elite in that regard. Pelech is essentially what I was hoping for from Reinhart in the short term to add some size and muscle to the LD corps.

I am not a Hickey fan, he is and will always be a physical liability. He's also our slowest skater of all the d-men, even Boychuk has an extra gear that he showcases sometimes that Hickey has never shown. In a perfect world, Hickey Mouse would be an amazing #7 for this team.

I liked Pelech's poise tonight. CdH took the lead in the pairing moving the puck, but Pelech made very sound decisions and made some good first passes to the forwards. He already showed that he's an upgrade over Strait.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
We have needed a stay at home defenseman with size, and this guy looks decent so far, I think we can trade Strait to Almost Queen for a box of light bulbs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad