Confirmed with Link: Adam Nicholas, hired director of development hockey!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Marty "shit weasel" Lapointe back in the day teased playing for the Habs to drive up his value and then gave us the high hat. He got hired by Bergevin under his I wanna hire all my friends management plan. He stated that he didn't want to move to Montreal for the gig and wanted to keep travel to a minimum. His job was to watch out for prospects, which he didn't want to travel to do... He's also the guy that told Alex Galchenyuk back in his junior days to concentrate on playing as a Winger.

Shit weasel, it's what he is. Doing a shitty job and keep failing upwards. If the new management team wants to keep him then that's the first major strike against them in my book.

Galchenyuk is your example? Did you ever think Lapointe was right about that? Or do you actually think we could "develop" chucky into a center no matter who he is as a hockey player?

He got hired by Bergevin. Sure, I see where that's going to go.

Just be honest, you don't know him that well and you also don't know what he does behind the scenes day/day.

Reactions: dasahgah

Chadstudsky

Nov 19, 2008
Ottawa
Not sure if anyone mentioned this video yet but it's a great resource if you want to learn about what Adam Nicholas will bring to the Habs (podcast where he talks about his philosophies, belief on primarily teaching hockey IQ, and an ideal of systemless hockey with a 5 man group that can react effectively on the fly). Sounds like he'll mesh well with the current direction.

That was an awesome interview. I feel really good about the philosophy of our new front office.

I read Adam wouldn't be doing interviews because he prefers to remain private, I didn't envision his personality to be like that at all. I'm beyond pleasantly surprised

Reactions: puckeater

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I know others have said it but the fact that his title is director is exciting. It implies a whole department.

So let's say Nicholas focuses on his specialization (I don't know enough about him. Assuming aspects like skating with/without the puck)

We already have former pros for the culture side/how to be a pro.

But there are so many other areas you can have:

Dietitians, make sure young guys know what kind of foods to eat.

In Gym, determine what muscle groups to work on from the hockey side and have personal trainers develop custom workout plans. (I think we do this one but not sure if linked directly to hockey side)

Faceoff development, cardio conditioning

Considering all 3 teams are within relatively close proximity you can have one staff help them all. (Trois-Riveres is under 2 hours by drive).

It's the Montreal Canadiens. Spend the money you'd pay 2 4th liners and get a good development staff in place.

The spend that same amount again and get a good analytics staff.

For what we pay Armia and Pezzeta we could have both these departments setup proper and not have count against the cap. (Ie chump change to the Habs)

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I know others have said it but the fact that his title is director is exciting. It implies a whole department.

So let's say Nicholas focuses on his specialization (I don't know enough about him. Assuming aspects like skating with/without the puck)

We already have former pros for the culture side/how to be a pro.

But there are so many other areas you can have:

Dietitians, make sure young guys know what kind of foods to eat.

In Gym, determine what muscle groups to work on from the hockey side and have personal trainers develop custom workout plans. (I think we do this one but not sure if linked directly to hockey side)

Faceoff development, cardio conditioning

Considering all 3 teams are within relatively close proximity you can have one staff help them all. (Trois-Riveres is under 2 hours by drive).

It's the Montreal Canadiens. Spend the money you'd pay 2 4th liners and get a good development staff in place.

The spend that same amount again and get a good analytics staff.

For what we pay Armia and Pezzeta we could have both these departments setup proper and not have count against the cap. (Ie chump change to the Habs)

They hired Adam Douglas recently as Sports Science and Performance Director.

Dale Lablans is the strength and conditioning coach.

Renée Racine is nutritionist consultant.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Habs prospects have had a tendency to really fall off after turning pro. Wonder if we'll see some change/improvement with even the prospects drafted last few years.

Pretty tiring seeing hyped guys do well in junior then crash after Habs sign them, Norlinder/Primeau/Brook/Mete being most recent examples.

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002

For anyone who enjoyed his press conference he goes more in depth with his ideas in this podcast.
They also have a great episode with MSL from last year before he was hired

Reactions: Peteux and Deam78

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
It's about creating a structure of play where even the jobbers can look good. Knowing how to create and exploit time and space.

The habs are just late to the party.

Reactions: Redux91

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It's about creating a structure of play where even the jobbers can look good. Knowing how to create and exploit time and space.

The habs are just late to the party.
Yep
This is what happens when you employ dinosaurs like Bergevin and his minions

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
That was an awesome interview. I feel really good about the philosophy of our new front office.

I read Adam wouldn't be doing interviews because he prefers to remain private, I didn't envision his personality to be like that at all. I'm beyond pleasantly surprised
I've been yearning to see coaches teaching and not just giving instructions and playing head games. This is a complete 180 from the old school Bergevin philosophy of show me what you got and show me you can get better on your own and you are solely responsible for your own success or failure...what a team concept that was ffs.

Reactions: Pickles and Toene

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
Yep
This is what happens when you employ dinosaurs like Bergevin and his minions
The best part was seeing how everyone in the media could not comprehend what he said no matter how much he dumbed it down. O

JuicyJofa

Done with basing my usernames on players
Jan 27, 2010
Around the World
Honestly I am surprised there are not any comments about his presser alongside the Development team. What a smart fellow, and it is safe to say that the Habs hired a quality group to guide our quality prospects. I am really confident that, not only we are following the trend going on in the NHL - development wise, but we're also exceeding the "standard" by investing resources and time into it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad