Confirmed with Link: Adam Nicholas, hired director of development hockey!

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004
If only I had his bank account... They already have contact M-P Poulin to told her that she will have a job with the team when she will want to and they still haven’t make 1 hired in the analytic department and only 1 hire in the player development, so yes I will say the same thing.
I doubt when Molson announced he wanted more diversity in management he was talking about hiring more women in low level roles. He was talking about AGM/Director level in hockey operations.

So far, I agree with @SergeConstantin74, there has been nothing indicating a change in mindset. I'm 100% for hiring the best talent but a little diversity/outside of the box thinking doesn't hurt (see MSL).

Reactions: First Line

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004
It makes you wonder just how slim things were under Gauthier.
...and Gainey! Seems like we've been stuck in 2000 for... well 22 years now. That's not how you manage a billion dollar business.

Hopefully we'll get there.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I doubt when Molson announced he wanted more diversity in management he was talking about hiring more women in low level roles. He was talking about AGM/Director level in hockey operations.

So far, I agree with @SergeConstantin74, there has been nothing indicating a change in mindset. I'm 100% for hiring the best talent but a little diversity/outside of the box thinking doesn't hurt (see MSL).
How many AGM have been hired ? And Director of Analytic will not be lower level role.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I doubt we had a big development team before Gauthier. Did we?
I think that at the time, development in any shape or form was an aftertought. Not just for the Habs, for most teams in the league. It's just that since then, the Canadiens havent really followed the trends. Really happy that Gorton and Hughes seem to be thinking the game with a 21st century perspective. MTL is a rich team and they should invest in the best staff possible which should be able to help maximize every asset in terms of value. No more Sherbak learning dump and chase on a checking line please.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Does this guy partner up with Marty Lapointe on a go forward?
Lapointe is not in the player development department since 2017, it's Rob Ramage and I think Nicholas will be more concentrate in the skills development and Ramage will meet them and talk with them

Reactions: BLONG7

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Seems fairly cut-and-dried to me. Nicolas does the planning/technical aspects of development, Ramage does the communication/HR aspects with the prospects and the players.
Completely agree - don’t forget Boullion BTW

Nicholas is tactical skill set focus, Ramage & Boullion is about how to become a better pro - nutrition, sounding board to talk, passing down of tribal knowledge from a players angle

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Completely agree - don’t forget Boullion BTW

Nicholas is tactical skill set focus, Ramage & Boullion is about how to become a better pro - nutrition, sounding board to talk, passing down of tribal knowledge from a players angle
Yes that's how I think it will work and I think that they will add other people to support Bouillon/Ramage, probably some ex forward because both Bouillon and Ramage where Dmen and some in Europe. Guys like Gionta/Thompson/Plekanec could be candidates. I think they will add other skills coach to (Skating/Shooting/Puck handling/1 on 1 battle)

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Not sure if anyone mentioned this video yet but it's a great resource if you want to learn about what Adam Nicholas will bring to the Habs (podcast where he talks about his philosophies, belief on primarily teaching hockey IQ, and an ideal of systemless hockey with a 5 man group that can react effectively on the fly). Sounds like he'll mesh well with the current direction.

Last edited:

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I was wondering is Marty Lapointe still working for the Habs? I hate that son of a ... Always had glib answers and shitty results.
Lapointe is close to Gorton from their Bruins days..and very tight w Patrice Bergeron FWIW

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Not sure if anyone mentioned this video yet but it's a great resource if you want to learn about what Adam Nicholas will bring to the Habs (podcast where he talks about his philosophies, belief on primarily teaching hockey IQ, and an ideal of systemless hockey with a 5 man group that can react effectively on the fly). Sounds like he'll mesh well with the current direction.

Is that Chris Wideman on the cover ?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Crap. Another Bergevin friendly nepotism sitch? Lapointe is a shit weasel, he reminds me of Michel Therrien but in an AssGM role.

Do you really know Lapointe that well on a personal level to hate him and call him a shit weasel? There are other way to show your dislike on what he can do as a manager in the NHL. I'm kind of neutral on Lapointe but I really do think we need to tone down our player and manager attacks like that.

Other than how he talks to you through the media, can you provide actual context on why you dislike him as a manager for our team? Good and bad moves he actually made?

Reactions: ReginaHabs

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Do you really know Lapointe that well on a personal level to hate him and call him a shit weasel? There are other way to show your dislike on what he can do as a manager in the NHL. I'm kind of neutral on Lapointe but I really do think we need to tone down our player and manager attacks like that.

Other than how he talks to you through the media, can you provide actual context on why you dislike him as a manager for our team? Good and bad moves he actually made?

Marty "shit weasel" Lapointe back in the day teased playing for the Habs to drive up his value and then gave us the high hat. He got hired by Bergevin under his I wanna hire all my friends management plan. He stated that he didn't want to move to Montreal for the gig and wanted to keep travel to a minimum. His job was to watch out for prospects, which he didn't want to travel to do... He's also the guy that told Alex Galchenyuk back in his junior days to concentrate on playing as a Winger.

Shit weasel, it's what he is. Doing a shitty job and keep failing upwards. If the new management team wants to keep him then that's the first major strike against them in my book.

Reactions: amethyst

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad