Player Discussion Adam McQuaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

OutspokenMinority*

love mcquaid. love the deal. playing solid, stabilizing D and that behind the back off the boards job to set up a goal (or at least grade A chance) was something else too, huh! Darth Quaider showing his skills with the light saber.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Gets a chance at Roussel after the dirty hit last year. Roussel turtles after losing his helmet.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Love Adam

Love Adam, Ladyfan, but after multiple concussions atop other injuries I can't ask him to do what he did four years ago.

Fans are kidding themselves if they expect one player, with that medical history, to be the major Bruins physical presence, never mind a fighter.

The B's used to have several physical players. Not anymore.

I frankly worry that after all he's been through -- concussions -- Adam Is asked to be the lone "enforcer" on a SOFT Bruins team.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I frankly worry that after all he's been through -- concussions -- Adam Is asked to be the lone "enforcer" on a SOFT Bruins team.

Same here. We really need to have a Rinaldo and Randell in for games against bigger teams that carry guys that can throw down --the LA Kings of the world.

That being said, he was going to get his revenge on AR for that crosscheck last year come hell or high water. It also was, quite clearly, a huge turning point in the game.

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
I don't mind McQuaid fighting. It's probably the only thing that hasn't given him a concussion at this point.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Love Adam, Ladyfan, but after multiple concussions atop other injuries I can't ask him to do what he did four years ago.

Fans are kidding themselves if they expect one player, with that medical history, to be the major Bruins physical presence, never mind a fighter.

Its why Bergeron went old school on Wheeler. Don't count on anyone else, everyone handle their own load. The more players that do, the less crap they'll have to put up with.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
McQuaid is tough as hell, but he isn't a true HW and he would get eaten alive by the Ryan Reaves, Anthony Peluso's of the NHL. He does however bring a nasty edge that this defense lacks.

If they develop Randell into a 3rd/4th line guy who can rotate around the lines a bit they'll be fine physically. Aside from Beleskey, no one in the top 9 really hits and the 4th line doesn't play enough to set much of a physical tone. That's why I wanted the Bruins to look into a physical top 9 guy.

Beleskey
Randell
Rinaldo

Those three are the physical forwards on this team...

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
^^^^ I'd add Kevan to that list. Unfortunately, of those 4, only McQuaid is at least average at hockey, and Rinaldo and Randall are 12/13/14th forwards. I understand why, but they miss 17.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Adam is still pretty tough. He was a game changer in the Dallas game

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Nice game by Quaider last night.

He pissed Sid off a couple of times. It was fun to watch.

I love how he cleans that crease. :yo: Does that show up in the fancy metrics and advanced stats? I think not.

He played very well. Hope he sticks with chara. Looked good together.

It's not ideal, because of their similar styles. But just like having to play Chara 24-25 minutes a night, it's the best option the Bruins have at times with the present D. Chara benefits greatly from a steadier partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad