Value of: Adam Lowry's next contract

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Depends on the new television contract? Will the new deal offset the COVID losses? Will the cap rise, decline or remain the same? Too many factors to try to place a value on a player in today’s environment. IMO

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Do Winnipeg fans think he'll get re-signed?

I'd love to see Edmonton add him and wonder what the cost might be even though I highly doubt the Jets would trade him in division this season.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
I’d love to have him in Toronto, can’t see him leaving the Jets now that his dad is on the coaching staff.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Do Winnipeg fans think he'll get re-signed?

I'd love to see Edmonton add him and wonder what the cost might be even though I highly doubt the Jets would trade him in division this season.

We hired his dad, good move to re-sign
I didn't realise he was UFA this season though.

Reactions: hn777

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Lowry will definitely be resigned by the Jets. Hmm, not sure what his AAV will be though. I’ll throw out a number... $4.25M AAV/5 year deal?

Lowry's great but that is a monster contract, hope it's not that high

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Is $4.25M AAV/5 year contract too much for a 27 year old centre UFA that is big and relied on to neutralize the opposing team’s #1 line each game?

I think it’s a pretty good guess though I am interested in what others think.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Is $4.25M AAV/5 year contract too much for a 27 year old centre UFA that is big and relied on to neutralize the opposing team’s #1 line each game?

This Habs fan would give him that today no problem. Than I’d package danault somewhere to upgrade the left d

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax

Might be a tad high, his point production doesn't justify it, but his play does. Could easily see him get that sans covid and with a rising cap. Hard to say with cap staying flat. I think an argument could be made for 3.5-4.5, with anything over 4 getting uncomfortable long term

Reactions: Guffman

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I'd like to see Edmonton go after him and put him on Mcdavid's LW. He reminds me of Maroon but can also play 3C.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Might be a tad high, his point production doesn't justify it, but his play does. Could easily see him get that sans covid and with a rising cap. Hard to say with cap staying flat. I think an argument could be made for 3.5-4.5, with anything over 4 getting uncomfortable long term
Based on other team’s interests I’d say he has to be kept if it’s 4.25 so be it. I think we can get savings by replacing Copp with Apple but no one brings the physicality like big number 17.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I'd love to add Lowry to the Avs, he'd be such a welcome change of pace. I don't see the Jets letting him go though, he's such an underrated player.
I think danault would look prettier there . 3 way . Danault to avs . An avalanche defenseman to Winnipeg. Lowry to Montreal

Reactions: Richard88

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
He's a really good player a lot of what he does won't show up in point totals and a guy you want on your team especially in the playoffs....I think Jets sign him in the 3.5 range....

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
If armia was comfortable on his off wing a third line of
Armia Lowry Anderson would be a bitch to play against.
Would also leave
Tatar Suzuki gallagher
Drouin kotkaniemi toffoli

invest in Ekholm

Ekholm Weber
Edmundson petry
Chariot romanov

actually armia Lowry Anderson can play against top lines and allow the other two to battle the others .

This would be a team that could compete for the cup

Last edited:

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

I don't think you're far off at all. My first thought was 4-5 million depending on term. He's a better player than most people realize.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
He hasn’t made the kind of coin that will set him up for life. Some team that needs a gritty 3C with great D instincts will make that happen but I doubt it will be the Jets. I agree that he is underrated because of his useage, but you can bet that his teammates don’t underrate him at all.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

If he wanted more, he could get more. There are teams that probably see him being a potential 2C.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
4.25 mill x 4 years = 17 mill for Big #17 Adam Lowry and he stays with the Jets where he is comfortable .....

Significant raise from the $ 3 mill per year he is currently making!

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad