Value of: Adam Lowry's next contract

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
The jets can give more money to the Lowry family without getting into trouble after all I’ve never heard there is a cap for coaches. Obviously he’ll prefer to play for an organization that treats his father with more respect unless he hates his father.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Is $4.25M AAV/5 year contract too much for a 27 year old centre UFA that is big and relied on to neutralize the opposing team’s #1 line each game?

I think it’s a pretty good guess though I am interested in what others think.

I'm not sure how many 20 point bottom 6 players get paid that much. I think 3.5 million a year would be a pretty generous offer, maybe lower the amount if he wants more term instead. Who are some defensive forwards to compare him with, contract wise?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
5 years x 4 mil?

maybe he takes a discount at 3.5-3.75. antyhing less and he gone

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I'm not sure how many 20 point bottom 6 players get paid that much. I think 3.5 million a year would be a pretty generous offer, maybe lower the amount if he wants more term instead. Who are some defensive forwards to compare him with, contract wise?

he has 11 points in 19 games and is playing 16+mins a night

he will easily get 3.5

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

Former Jet Brandon Tanev got that crazy 6 x 3.5M contract, although his skill set is slightly different to Lowry (I'd rather have Lowry actually but Tanev scores a bit more).

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Former Jet Brandon Tanev got that crazy 6 x 3.5M contract, although his skill set is slightly different to Lowry (I'd rather have Lowry actually but Tanev scores a bit more).

And that deal is generally considered an over payment is it not?

RRenegade

Jul 13, 2016
Winnipeg
I love Lowry for the Jets, he is a great 3rd line shutdown centre. He is putting up good points this year but is generally underperforming pointwise imo for a 3rd line centre.
I could be talked into giving him the Tanev contract in order to keep his aav down.
Hopefully no team sees him as a #2 centre and offers him silly money. 5 x 5

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I love Lowry for the Jets, he is a great 3rd line shutdown centre. He is putting up good points this year but is generally underperforming pointwise imo for a 3rd line centre.
I could be talked into giving him the Tanev contract in order to keep his aav down.
Hopefully no team sees him as a #2 centre and offers him silly money. 5 x 5
I could see the Habs do that actually if they move on from Danault which look quite likely.

pictman

Mar 7, 2012
pictish hills
I question if we could keep him at anything under 4 mil. I doubt it. Big, plays big and hard, good PKer, will drop the gloves when needed, willing to play whatever role he is assigned. Just not the greatest hands. Alot of teams would want him.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
I don't see how the Jets re sign him unless you're moving Perfetti to wing. You're not paying your 4th line center 4m+

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I don't see how the Jets re sign him unless you're moving Perfetti to wing. You're not paying your 4th line center 4m+

Lowry will not be playing fourth line minutes. Perfetti will most assuredly start as a winger for us.

Look, if we can keep him under $4M AAV, great, but as a UFA, I think a lot of teams would be very interested in him, which is why I thought $4.25M would be a fair landing spot for him.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Lowry will not be playing fourth line minutes. Perfetti will most assuredly start as a winger for us.

Look, if we can keep him under $4M AAV, great, but as a UFA, I think a lot of teams would be very interested in him, which is why I thought $4.25M would be a fair landing spot for him.

You want to tell our most exciting draft pick in years he's locked out of playing Center until 2026 or Shief leaves in UFA?

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
You want to tell our most exciting draft pick in years he's locked out of playing Center until 2026 or Shief leaves in UFA?

You’re worrying about possibilities a few years down the road? Come on, guy.

Perfetti is likely not getting much ice time for two years, similar to what they are doing with Heinola. We’re developing them in the AHL since they are not critically needed on the Big Team right away.

Once he’s active in our line-up, the players decide where they should be with their demonstrated skill.

I don’t see a reason to leave a hole at 3C just because you think Perfetti might work as a centre a few years down the road.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
You’re worrying about possibilities a few years down the road? Come on, guy.

Perfetti is likely not getting much ice time for two years, similar to what they are doing with Heinola. We’re developing them in the AHL since they are not critically needed on the Big Team right away.

Once he’s active in our line-up, the players decide where they should be with their demonstrated skill.

I don’t see a reason to leave a hole at 3C just because you think Perfetti might work as a centre a few years down the road.

You're comparing Heinola's timeline with the number 2 ranked C in a draft? We just messed up one point per game AHL teenage center let's not repeat that. Having top 6 players on ELC deals is how you win in the cap era unless you want to keep fielding a D corps for 15m

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015

If you have an ELC at 3C then why not? If PLD signs for 8M the Jets would spend 19M on their 4 centers. The leafs spend 3.5M more on their top 2C.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
You're comparing Heinola's timeline with the number 2 ranked C in a draft? We just messed up one point per game AHL teenage center let's not repeat that. Having top 6 players on ELC deals is how you win in the cap era unless you want to keep fielding a D corps for 15m

If he doesn’t play, his contract slides so we can still maintain his low cost, three year ELC. If you REALLY want to maximize the benefit of his low cost contract, you season him in the AHL and THEN bring him in and still access the full three year ELC.

BTW, with Schiefele and Dubois on the team now, we are centre rich. I can pretty much guarantee you that Perfetti will be starting as a winger with the Jets initially.

Reactions: pictman

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Jets have the best strategy. Offer coaching jobs to all upcoming free agents they want to keep.
Dubois dad is also a coach with the Moose. Next up is we need to find a job for Neal Pionk's and Andrew Copp's dad.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Lowry isn’t there to score though. He’s there to be the shutdown centre that can hit and wear the opposing C out. He’s a big boy that is great on faceoffs. If he makes it to UFA, every team will be in on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->