Value of: Adam Lowry

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Always been a fan of his game. What do you think the Jets would want in exchange for him?

A defenseman of his age and skill level. A 1-for-1 swap for Despres was liked by both Jets and Ducks fans a while back.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Have always loved the way Lowry plays the game. Would love to have him on the Avs but have no idea who the Jet's would be looking at from our squad. Besides inter-division trades are sort of a no go I guess.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Have always loved the way Lowry plays the game. Would love to have him on the Avs but have no idea who the Jet's would be looking at from our squad. Besides inter-division trades are sort of a no go I guess.

I honestly don't know who we'd want from the Avs either, but in a general sense, I don't think prying Lowry from the Jets would be too costly with all the young forwards fighting for a spot on our roster. He's almost guaranteed to be exposed in the expansion draft, too. I think the club still sees some strong upside to him, but with Laine, Little, Scheifele, Wheeler, Ehlers and Connor as our top 6 and then Perreault, Stafford, Petan, Dano, Armia, Thorburn, Matthias, Copp, Burmistrov and Lemieux fighting for bottom 6 roles and other guys like Roslovic and Foley potentially making the jump to pro in '17-18, losing a forward isn't exactly painful.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I see Lowry as a 4th or maybe 3rd line player. We'd want the equivalent in defense so a 5 or 6 D

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I honestly don't know who we'd want from the Avs either, but in a general sense, I don't think prying Lowry from the Jets would be too costly with all the young forwards fighting for a spot on our roster. He's almost guaranteed to be exposed in the expansion draft, too. I think the club still sees some strong upside to him, but with Laine, Little, Scheifele, Wheeler, Ehlers and Connor as our top 6 and then Perreault, Stafford, Petan, Dano, Armia, Thorburn, Matthias, Copp, Burmistrov and Lemieux fighting for bottom 6 roles and other guys like Roslovic and Foley potentially making the jump to pro in '17-18, losing a forward isn't exactly painful.

I wish we had that problem....:laugh:

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
You know he is hard to play against when hard to play against players complain about playing against him.

I remember Ferland talking about him (they are good friends apparently), but says it is always hard to play against Lowry. If the Jets don't protect him, I do think he will get picked off in the expansion draft (unless a better player is made available, and I don't know enough about Winnipeg to know that).

I find Lowry very noticeable every time the Flames play the Jets, or when I catch a Jets game. Usually stands out at points during a game.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
I like Despres, but I worry about his concussion history. He missed a large chunk of time with a concussion.

Don't think Lowry gets you Depres if he didn't get that concussion. Young top 4 D men aren't usually available for bottom 6 forwards

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
I'd overpay for Lowry as a sabres fan.

I'd overpay for him as an Oilers fan, the peg needs left handed D and we got a lot, unfortunately I wouldn't give up a huge asset for him, maybe Reinhart I would be okay with

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I'd overpay for him as an Oilers fan, the peg needs left handed D and we got a lot, unfortunately I wouldn't give up a huge asset for him, maybe Reinhart I would be okay with

Not many young lhd I would say no to for Lowry, but Reinhart is #1 on that list.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Jake McCabe?

I'm a huge McCabe fan but if Guhle made the team out of camp I'd probably pull the trigger before the season started. That being said with the expansion draft looming the thought of protecting McCabe vs protecting a 4th liner like Lowry might make me balk. Safe to say the value is there. In the end being a smart GM I'd decline without an expansion draft I'd porbably accept.

member 88115

I would do McNabb + Pearson + King for Lowry + Myers + 2nd

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think Lowry is highly valued by the Jets. I'd look beyond his stats last season for a full assessment.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Lowry is the type of bottom 6 player Id over pay for, he's huge! He's defensively responsible and he's not that bad of an offensive creator. IMHO if you were a team loaded with defence and needed someone who could be a part of a young core but more of a glue guy/heart and soul type to bring the other half rather than the scoring.
He reminds me of a young Manny Malhotra but with old Manny's poise and shutdown ability. He may play 4C this year but with the right coaching and opportunity he could be a 15/15 regular 1PK 3C guy who can just use size and strength to regularly hit 60% faceoff's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad