Confirmed with Link: Adam Lowry Signed to ELC

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
i have to admit that i am very excited to see him progress.....he appears to be very much what the doctor ordered....

Lowry - Scheifele - Kane?

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Lowry-300x200.jpg

Winnipeg Jets prospect Adam Lowry signs three year deal.

Been watching his game develop and he could be a nice piece of the puzzle.

Update: Confirmed by Scott Brown.

Last edited:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
:handclap: Awesome news! Very impressed with this kid - lit up the W in his last year, and looks really good playing against much tougher competition now in the A.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Happy to see this kid get signed. We've all been pleased with his progress and I'm confident it will continue.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Nice.

Hope to see him up a few games next year as an injury call-up. I'm fine with him taking a year or two on the rock to develop his game and get physically stronger.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Nice.

Hope to see him up a few games next year as an injury call-up. I'm fine with him taking a year or two on the rock to develop his game and get physically stronger.

It'll likely take him at least a year to transition anyways. I don't think they expect him to be in the NHL earlier then 14-15.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Chevy says he will promote when each prospect is ready .... and that every prospect matures differently......... I have a feeling we will see Adam L sooner than later.........................:handclap:

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
The Jets' future is starting to look brighter - Lowry, Trouba, Redmond, Scheifele all look to be very important assets going forward. Hopefully Telegin and Kulda can also step it up to be similarly important assets.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Awesome news!

How exciting is it to know Scheifele, Trouba and Lowry will all be Pro next season? This is the beginning of 'building through the draft' and 'stocking our cupboards'. Small steps, but we will get there.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Awesome news!

How exciting is it to know Scheifele, Trouba and Lowry will all be Pro next season? This is the beginning of 'building through the draft' and 'stocking our cupboards'. Small steps, but we will get there.

Will Jordan Samuels-Thomas be next? He might already have the size and strength to compete at the AHL level.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Chevy says he will promote when each prospect is ready .... and that every prospect matures differently......... I have a feeling we will see Adam L sooner than later.........................:handclap:

I agree. You guys might laugh at me, but I believe Adam could stick next year. And if he does go back to the rock, I don't see him staying there too long.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Great news. I think he's been playing C during his short stint in St. John's, but I will be very interested to see where they slot him in next year full time.

As others have said, it would be great if they think of him as a C, and want to develop him into our own Hanzal type to go against the bigger C's of the league.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Awesome news!

Yea Guerzy I look at this group as the first grads from juniors and collage on "the program" that TNSE wants to use.....we are getting close to populating the NHL roster with a few of them and we might have 1 more year (perhaps less) where the three get some AHL time and then away we go.

People downplay the natural void that was left between when Burmi joined the NHL and the next drafted Jet will join the team. If you throw out Reds and Postma because they were both older than Burmi and actually developed through the system there will be a 3 to 4 year lull in young high end prospects populating the roster. That is a growing pain that I really hope pays off by bringing in more NHL ready talent who have developed a bit more fully.

Scheif, Lowry, and Trouba should be the first wave and I think being able to take 6 picks in the first three rounds this year could be huge as well. It's really hard to have patience and often GM's are not afforded the luxury by their ownership group or the market they play in. I am really looking forward to next season and watching these three in particular young men come of age in our Org.

Adam was a heck of a 3rd round draft pick hats off to TNSE for getting that one right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad