Adam Larsson vs Ryan Murray

RStar*

I'm not even sure RNH is the best playmaker in this draft. Couturier averages a similar assists per game ratio, and that's without forgoing the shooting opportunities RNH does (Couturier scores more goals).

That said, even if the team's did feel he was the best playmaker in this draft, I don't think they make a decision based on that fact alone. Especially since we don't know whether a better playmaking center will be in text year's draft. For example, a guy like Patrick Kane wasn't even rating as a top 15 pick a year before the draft, but then a year later, they are the top pick (and a better playmaker than RNH, as an example). Backstrom was a solid prospect, but wasn't seen as the top guy a year out either. Meanwhile, other draft years have guys like Tavares, Stamkos and Hall come along. I'm sure either team would rather have one of those forward-type prospects than RNH, in a heart beat.

Patty Kane was not a better playmaker as a prospect than RNH.

Oilerfan120582

Jul 9, 2005
I think there is some confusion here for a couple posters. The OP is talking about Ryan Murray of the Everett Silvertips eligible for the draft in 2012 - not Ryan Murphy of the Kitchener Rangers eligible in 2011.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Well of course it's Larsson right now.

But long term, I want Murray. The Niedermayer comparisons are just too close to how he plays on the ice. The kid is amazing.

Murray is going to be a great #1 Dman on the team he goes to, Larsson as well.

I think Edmonton's #1 objective at the deadline was to acquire a dman (rumors they were going after Bogosian and Blum, but "settled" for Teubert) so that they could placate the fans when they select RNH (assuming Edmonton has the first overall pick).

Edmonton should only have one objective and that is to get better by taking the best player available and even if they were position hunting they have tons of great young forwards, they need Dmen more overall IMO.

Larsson is probably the greater need for the Oilers right now.

Level of competition in the SEL is miles ahead of any of the CHL leagues.

Murray looks like he will be a great defenseman, but to be honest I'm not 100% sure that he's the top defenseman of the class.(Reinhart)

There is more top end depth on D in 2012 but Murray is top of the class so far and I doubt it changes either.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I think there is some confusion here for a couple posters. The OP is talking about Ryan Murray of the Everett Silvertips eligible for the draft in 2012 - not Ryan Murphy of the Kitchener Rangers eligible in 2011.

I don't think anyones making that mistake unless your alluding to people not saying Murray is better.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
No offense to other 2012 prospects but Ryan Murray is indicating to be the real deal on defense. Just wondering how you'd compare Larsson to Murray. Also, if you're Edmonton or Ottawa ... I know it's a bit of a stretch ... but you won't find another Nugent-Hopkins next season ... at least, it's unlikely to ... Just wondering if you'd go for RNH this year and plan on sucking next year and take a shot at Murray in 2012.

i love ryan murray for the draft 2011. he s got over 72 pts in like 50 games and know one is talking about him. he ll be the next fowler!!!

4thliner*

i love ryan murray for the draft 2011. he s got over 72 pts in like 50 games and know one is talking about him. he ll be the next fowler!!!

Adam Larsson

would probably be THE dominant junior player if he was playing in the CHL instead of the Elitserien.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad