Adam Larsson Thread Version: The Second One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We're lucky to have Greene too. He's very reliable defensively, and I think being paired with him also gives Larsson (and Severson) some confidence to experiment with the offensive side of things. Devils fans have been blessed with the chance to see a lot of solid defensemen. As a fan, I'm very grateful for them all.

I think lucky is putting it mildly. He is an excellent excellent player, and his leadership and influence on the kids coming up is going to be incredibly important. More then you can put a distinct value on.

I do want to see Lars and Merrill put together at some point. I feel like its an eventual next step and Severson could benefit more with Greene.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
3 points tonight.

Did he even have 3 points all season before Pete was fired?

It's almost like someone tried to stifle his offensive game. I even recall him saying as much. He started out being pretty decent at offensive in his rookie year, then it seemed to just go away even before the Subban hit.

It's still early to say and we need a bigger sample size, though if this continues, I think I might say he'll be the best of the bunch we have.

I think it very well may even up being him and then Severson.
13 points in his previous 81 games. 4 points in 18 games this season prior to the coaching change.

And none of the points during this run have been on the PP. Which makes it more impressive.

Wonder if that will be something they try to implement this offseason.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
He would have had 4 assists if Patty didn't hit the crossbar on the ENG attempt.

Assists aside, Lars was strong in all areas of the game again last night.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He would have had 4 assists if Patty didn't hit the crossbar on the ENG attempt.

Assists aside, Lars was strong in all areas of the game again last night.

Patty also flubbed a beautiful Larsson pass on the first shift of the game that would have been a 3 on 1.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Adam's biggest weakness is definitely his skating, and that makes him vulnerable to being beaten wide at times, but, as you say, he's smart about using his other attributes (positioning and stick work) to make up for a lot of the complications that come from his skating not being elite. Hopefully, he can improve on his skating over time even if it never becomes elite.

How many defenseman are "elite" skaters?

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Exactly. Silly to expect Larsson or any players to become "elite" anything.

I didn't say that I expected Larsson to become an elite skater. I said that it would be nice if he could improve his skating even if it never became elite. I also agreed with an assessment that he compensates for not being the best skater with his other strengths, and I don't think it's crazy to hope that a defenseman as young as Adam can still improve any of his skills. Saying there are some areas for him to grow is a good thing. It means he has a chance of being even better than he is now.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I get that Detroit and Anaheim have more talented skaters, but they also put a heavy, team-wide emphasis on quality skating. You'd think the Devils would value it more, considering Neidermayer and Rafalski's time here.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Larsson is looking more and more solid. Even though he didn't get big minutes with Deboer, I think he developed his defensive game well during that time. It is certainly showing now. Hopefully with more time he can develop his offensive game. It is showing so far in this short span with the new coaches. I'd like to see him get some PP time. Him and Severson could be a nice combo on the PP once Zid is gone. Probably not this season with Oates making these dumb decisions on it but hopefully with a new coach next season.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
It's good to see him finally becoming what we a thought he would be. Hopefully they give him a nice long deal this off season.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Certainly has a good shot if he can get it on net, think it could be an asset on the PP. He has good vision as well, should be a no brainer to put him in that position eventually.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Larsson is looking more and more solid. Even though he didn't get big minutes with Deboer, I think he developed his defensive game well during that time. It is certainly showing now. Hopefully with more time he can develop his offensive game. It is showing so far in this short span with the new coaches. I'd like to see him get some PP time. Him and Severson could be a nice combo on the PP once Zid is gone. Probably not this season with Oates making these dumb decisions on it but hopefully with a new coach next season.

Yeah...no.

It's hard to develop anything when you get benched for every single mistake you do on the ice, and especially when you realise that you are the only one who is getting that treatment.

Let's not get any strange ideas here, Larssons last two years with DeBoer was alomost completely lost.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
mmm i do agree with RSeen, we did see larsson progress a little bit with PDB. regardless of whether he got a lot of playing time or not, he still did play a bit and practiced with the team. the defensive snarl he gained from this year was developed during this past year, and regardless of who that's credited to, it was indeed under PDB's staff. no one deny's that he inhibited larsson's development, but it's a little bit extreme to say larsson's last 2 years were COMPLETELY lost.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
lets just be thankful that idiot DeBoer can no longer hinder his development. love to see anyone try and defend him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad