Value of: Adam Gaudette to Columbus

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Using a young #3 C with offensive upside for a player like Nutivaara would be pretty stupid asset management. Nut makes more (Canucks need cap space) and plays a 3rd pairing role. We can find 3rd pairing D for $2.7 in free agency.
That's a little inaccurate. Columbus is 10 deep on D at the NHL level. You want to talk about 3rd pair then we're talking Harrington. True 3rd pair guy with little upside. Now I'm not saying Nuti for Gaudette but he's not a standard, run of the mill 3rd pair guy. His problem is consistency and when you have Jones, Werenski, Gavrikov, Savard and Murray in front of you...well, now it's up to the coaches decision on Kukan or Nuti. Kukan, to me, has the higher upside and was a little more consistent but both are in the same boat. Certainly great to have on 3rd pair but not necessarily your classic 5/6/7 defensemen.

Reactions: Fro

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Gaudette for Peeke and a 3rd seems reasonable
Don't see the CBJ moving Peeke. He's their only RHD in the pipeline close to NHL time, looked good and you have Savard's contract up in a year. Not saying he's worth more, I just don't think he's one the Jackets want to move. Certainly not for a potential 2C. I'd like Gaudette but if RHD is needed in Vancouver, I don't think CBJ has that option. Don't see 1 year of Savard being of interest, however, I do think he's the best asset to move for value.

Reactions: Byrral and Fro

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Right. It's the age old issue...

Remember, when CBJ traded for Seth Jones he was a third pairing D who at times was the 7th in Nashville.

I remember Preds fans going nuts thinking they fleeced CBJ...

No one is taking that stance now.
Wait..... did you just...... Seth Jones.... Nutiv....??

AdorableLastingHochstettersfrog-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: lilfedor

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
Wait..... did you just...... Seth Jones.... Nutiv....??

AdorableLastingHochstettersfrog-max-1mb.gif

Haha! No, not comparing the two in terms of skill and / or talent.

Just saying the situation of Jones being a 'fringe' third pairing defenseman on Nashville got the same type of 'he's not even a top 4D!' when the trade went down.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Haha! No, not comparing the two in terms of skill and / or talent.

Just saying the situation of Jones being a 'fringe' third pairing defenseman on Nashville got the same type of 'he's not even a top 4D!' when the trade went down.
Jones was getting 3rd D ice time in NAS in his 2nd year in the league as a 20/21 year old.

Nutivarra was getting the 7th most minutes on CBJ D as a 25/26 year old.

Other than that....

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
Gaudette
Virtanen

For

Josh Anderson
Nutivaara

Pretty on the fence about this one, but definitely would lean towards doing it.
What is the general consensus on the type of contract Anderson would be looking for?

I'm pretty sure he is also good buddies with Horvat?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Pretty on the fence about this one, but definitely would lean towards doing it.
What is the general consensus on the type of contract Anderson would be looking for?

I'm pretty sure he is also good buddies with Horvat?
Well, he’s probably looking for a deal equal to his 18-19 season, Columbus - to this one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad