Adam Fox coast to coast goal

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Time to put this guy on Makar and Hughes' level. Forget about his offense he is carrying the entire defense every single damn day. Doesn't take a game off.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
This kid has the highest level of poise since Karlsson.

Everyone's always talking about Makar, Hughes and Hesikanen ... Why not Fox? He's right up there.
He is definitely right up there. His consistency is just amazing.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The defense was horrendous but to be fair to Fox, they're looking pass all the way. 1 goal and 11 assists coming into this game and he's been a fantastic playmaker on the powerplay.

They basically just covered all his pass options and he was like "ok then."

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Note how Fox is literally crossing his feet over the entire time, changing which way he's crossing over a few times through the rush. I think the 'hip' term for that kind of skating is 'linear crossovers' that scouts gush over. .

Those are just cross-overs....

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Fox is looking like a really good dman, but this one isn't high on my spectacular end to end goals this year. He really didn't do anything spectacular in terms of explosive speed or undressing someone, he was pretty much just untouched. Nice goal, but mildly disappointed from what I was expecting when I entered the thread.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
The other aspect of this goal was that when Fox got near the blue line, he accelerated away from any defender. He doesn't have blazing speed, but I believe he was clocked at 23 mph.
YMMV on this goal, but this kid is objectively, a top 10 D right now and probably top 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad