Player Discussion: Adam Fantilli

IslanderPride

Fire & Ice
Jul 5, 2008
NY
Good morning, just need alittle help . I have Adam Fantilli on my fantasy team and I have him on the IR but there isn't any IR next to his name so some teams in my league are complaining. Just need to know if he is on the IR or not . And if not why wouldn't Columbus put him on it ? Much appreciated.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Good morning, just need alittle help . I have Adam Fantilli on my fantasy team and I have him on the IR but there isn't any IR next to his name so some teams in my league are complaining. Just need to know if he is on the IR or not . And if not why wouldn't Columbus put him on it ? Much appreciated.
Technically he is not on IR, but he most certainly is injured and appears he won’t be returning this year.

The only explanation of why not we have been given is that they don’t need to, and if they needed to they’d do it.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Answered above and I’ll add from a fantasy perspective unless you are a dynasty league he can be dropped.

IslanderPride

Fire & Ice
Jul 5, 2008
NY
Answered above and I’ll add from a fantasy perspective unless you are a dynasty league he can be droppe

I'm in a keeper league not dynasty league.

Technically he is not on IR, but he most certainly is injured and appears he won’t be returning this year.

The only explanation of why not we have been given is that they don’t need to, and if they needed to they’d do

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Adam Fantilli, out since Jan. 28 with a lacerated calf, may resume skating within the next seven to 10 days, Davidson said. When he first had surgery, the Blue Jackets gave him an eight-week timeline, meaning his return was likely mid-to-late March. That’s obviously not going to happen now. Fantilli will not play unless he is 100 percent healed, Davidson said, so the best hope now is that he returns for the final days of the season.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Given that Fantilli is 7-10 days away from skating and it will take him another 7-10 days to get in shape (? I have no idea how long it will take?) I don't think he should play at all this season. Let him start training to get into prime condition for next year without risking injury.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
'

It looks like his season is done, officially.

How would you all assess his first season?

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
'

It looks like his season is done, officially.

How would you all assess his first season?

I think it was a great learning experience and he showed that he's got 1C potential already. only 19 and was right at the top of rookie scoring and started to play well in all three zones. Has some work to do but you could see him get more and more confident by the way he went in on checks and increased his physical play. Also not afraid to be creative. I'm very excited for him. I would love to pair him with another center that can be a thread like Lindstrom. I think having two big boys at the top of the lineup would bring out the best in both (eventually). Going to take some time but I think Fantilli is a PPG player in the near future.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Pretty damn good when you consider everything. Playing on a trash team with a coach that hates offense as a rookie hes looked great. pretty big threat to score while learning about time and space against NHLers. He has plenty to improve on but for a teenager hes done some pretty encouraging things

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
The Blue Jackets determined early last week that Fantilli, out since Jan. 28 with a lacerated calf, will not return this season. No further procedures were needed, Davidson said, but the club didn’t want to take any chances with their prize prospect. “It’s going to be fine, and he’s very close now to being ready,” Davidson said. “But sometimes healing, when you have a cut like that, takes time. We just weren’t going to rush anything or take any chances.” If Fantilli is chosen to play for Team Canada in the IIHF World Championships next month in Czechia, the Blue Jackets will clear him to play, Davidson said.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Fantilli did an interview, for those interested.

That was outstanding. He answered a lot of questions I had which rarely happens in a Columbus interview. His injury is not a typical sports injury. The doctors who work with stabbings and slashings are not the doctors who work with elite athletes. I was wondering how they even put a time frame on his recovery and was not surprised when he didn’t come back. 8 weeks might move been the recovery time for an office worker, but his muscles and nerves do things that a normal person’s don’t do.

Also, I am a big advocate for neck guards. I am glad that was brought up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad