Player Discussion: Adam Fantilli

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The guy Fantilli reminds me of more than anyone is early career Nathan Mackinnon.

Incredible physical gifts, but has some legit questions about hockey sense. Skates the puck into trouble. A few years into his career Mackinnon figured it out and added whole layers of deception to his game. If Fantilli can do that then his upside is just as high.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
From what I have seen, he's the closest to ready for NHL after Bedard. I'm really happy with how they've been drafting and the prospect pool is now ridiculous and ready to start making an impact.

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Do everything in your power to pry him away from Michigan next year.

I think he's a special player, especially with someone like Johnny or Kent on his line with him.
You've apparently got a real happy young man. I wouldn't do much if anything to change that. If he looks like he might make the jump nurse him along. If he definitely wants to go back support him. Id like his competition to be stiff regardless.
I think Babcock with his recent college experience might really turn out to benefit him.

Do everything in your power to pry him away from Michigan next year.

I think he's a special player, especially with someone like Johnny or Kent on his line with him.
You've apparently got a real happy young man. I wouldn't do much if anything to change that. Of he looks like he might make the jump nurse him along. If he definitely wants to go back support him. Id like his competition to be stiff regardless. He needs some seasoning for sure.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I think he goes back to Michigan and thats good. Team probably tries to talk him into making the jump though

Reactions: cslebn

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
I barley did any scouting on him since I thought we had no chance at landing him. But from the speed round I’ve just done I love him. I love how aggressive he is with the puck. Im sick of watching our Cs play hot potato. We need someone who will look so score and push the pace.

I think he goes back to Michigan and thats good. Team probably tries to talk him into making the jump though
What would it take to get him? A guaranteed spot?

Reactions: thebus88 and Monk

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I barley did any scouting on him since I thought we had no chance at landing him. But from the speed round I’ve just done I love him. I love how aggressive he is with the puck. Im sick of watching our Cs play hot potato. We need someone who will look so score and push the pace.

What would it take to get him? A guaranteed spot?
No idea but guarenteed spots should not exist for 18 year olds and they wont with Babcock

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
We'll see if he should be here or not. Perhaps Jarmo's moves ver the next couple of weeks will dictate. I'm ok with him staying or going if it is determined to be what is best for him. We have to get out of the habit of rushing players to the NHL if they aren't ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad