Player Discussion: Adam Erne

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I would have heavily vouched for Erne to make the team, but that was before the injury. He's going to crush the QMJHL with his strength advantage, I hope they are working with him to focus on the weak areas of his game.

It'll probably be his offense that benefits most. More than ever, he'll be "the guy" in Quebec. In all likelihood, he'll get a season in the A too, and join the Lightning as a 21 year-old Calder darkhorse.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I would have heavily vouched for Erne to make the team, but that was before the injury. He's going to crush the QMJHL with his strength advantage, I hope they are working with him to focus on the weak areas of his game.

Consistency.

Don't forget Quebec has a guaranteed spot in the Memorial Cup as the host so they will be playing until the end of May. With the WJC, big season ahead for Erne. It could mean between 90 and 100 games.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Bump. Score sheet wise Erne is doing excellent so far, and the Remparts are doing well in the standings. I'm really excited about this kid and can't wait to see what he will bring at the next level. I'm VERY intrigued to see where he will fall in our lineup about 2 years from now.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Erne looks like a Killorn replacement - Killorn's contract along with Erne's expected readiness time line seems about right. Killorn's lack of Power in his PF role will eventually lead to his undoing with TBL.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Erne looks like a Killorn replacement - Killorn's contract along with Erne's expected readiness time line seems about right. Killorn's lack of Power in his PF role will eventually lead to his undoing with TBL.

I've always thought of Killorn as more of a two-way/utility forward instead of a power forward

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Second hat trick in a row for Erne. 10 goals in 9 games. 17 points. He has the highest point per game rate in the league.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Ernes been playing great lately and has been racking up the points, I can't see this kid not being a staple on the third line next season.

The problem is... who goes? I'd give him a year in the AHL first.

rangers91*

i played against erne in a summer league game once, i was a goalie, kid scored atleast 6 or 7 goals on me, he was unbelievable. Just thought i'd share this

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
The problem is... who goes? I'd give him a year in the AHL first.

Yeah that is the only thing I can see hindering his chances of starting with the Bolts next season.

From Yzermans comments and listening to the BP podcasts he's more than ready to contribute for now its just about him playing top minutes in the QMJHL.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Erne will be playing and destroying folks in the AHL for at least two years. Our LW depth is sick right now...Filp/Palat/Drouin/Killorn/Paquette - even Marchessault as he is tearing up the AHL right now. Killorn's contract runs out in two years...and even then he is still a RFA.

We have a really steady TBL roster right now. The talented kids will be staying longer in Syracuse than we've seen in the past two years - no need to rush them at all. I'd keep Paquette as injury call-up depth for next two years as well - he is under TBL control.

But yeah...Erne has top 6 ceiling. Only thing that could speed up timeline to TBL roster is cap pressure created by Stammer's new contract in a couple of years. Wouldn't be surprised to see Yzerman sign Stammer to an extension as soon as the CAP increase is announced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad