Player Discussion: Adam Erne

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
You guys have higher interpretations of his place in the Bolts lineup then I would have.

That being said, I love the player. I just didn't think he'd really get a Top 9-12 fair shake, but sounds like you folks think he likely will.

I think his upside is a Top 2 line skilled big winger. He reminds me a little of Micheal Ferland or what Steve Bernier should have been.
Let’s see if he gets a contract. He seems to be the odd man out in case the Point re-signing requires more $.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Let’s see if he gets a contract. He seems to be the odd man out in case the Point re-signing requires more $.

Exactly my concern. If he was priority why is he the last signed?

I mean Point taking time to sign is obviously different. But Erne is the last of the fringe guys unsigned - even if he does have the most potential out of them.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, I think a lot of things are waiting on Dom to move. And maybe one other. We have 8 defensemen right now, with Masin no longer waiver exempt, and Foote knocking on the door.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I hope he plays well in Detroit (against everyone we need to lose).

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Erne should prosper in a top 6 role. I've always believed this. He just didn't get the shot here.
Eh, he didn't really do much to make us go "wow, he needs top 6 time" like everyone else has. Until this season he seemed to have no offense whatsoever and it's not like was amazing this season either.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Eh, he didn't really do much to make us go "wow, he needs top 6 time" like everyone else has. Until this season he seemed to have no offense whatsoever and it's not like was amazing this season either.
I always saw that his game suited the top 6 better. He was always on his heels in the bottom 6. If he was let to play more offensively, his power game could have developed more, something like a lite Anders Lee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad