Actors Playing Themselves In Film/TV

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
My favorites:
John Malkovich-Being John Malkovich
Bill Murray-Zombieland
Bob Barker-Happy Gilmore
William Shatner-Free Enterprise
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar-Airplane
Rick Springfield-Californication
Charlton Heston-Wayne's World Two
Bruce Willis-The Player

My Best-Carey

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
My favorites:
John Malkovich-Being John Malkovich
Bill Murray-Zombieland
Bob Barker-Happy Gilmore
William Shatner-Free Enterprise
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar-Airplane
Rick Springfield-Californication
Charlton Heston-Wayne's World Two
Bruce Willis-The Player

My Best-Carey

I'm sorry son, but you must have him confused with someone else. His name is Roger Murdock. He's the co-pilot.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Extras did this better than anyone IMO. How the guest stars would come on and play hammed up versions of themselves was amazing. Daniel Radcliffe as the horny teenager, Kate Winslet shamelessly Oscar-baiting with tragic historic events, Ian McKellen giving "profound" acting advice by telling Gervais to pretend to be another person... So many great guest stars.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Last one, just thought of it - best film to use actors as themselves: Les acteurs (Blier, 2000). Brilliant film about the crafts, with infinite subtleties.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
For non-reality shows probably Seinfeld (Jerry), Curb, The Player (movie by Robert Altman), The Simpsons probably had the best regular type real-life spots. Another one I thought of was David Duchovny on Garry Shandling. The League was good with NFL guys.

For me, Rick Springfield (1:49) as a "depraved" version of himself was great on Californication:
This might be my favorite scene of TV.

My Best-Carey

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Extras did this better than anyone IMO. How the guest stars would come on and play hammed up versions of themselves was amazing. Daniel Radcliffe as the horny teenager, Kate Winslet shamelessly Oscar-baiting with tragic historic events, Ian McKellen giving "profound" acting advice by telling Gervais to pretend to be another person... So many great guest stars.

I'll add to this Patrick Stewart being a complete an utter pervert, and David Bowie improvising an incredibly cruel song about Rick Gervais.

Could only find the outtakes of Patrick Stewart, which is even better.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011

one of my favorite scenes ever:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Garnett was surprisingly good in Uncut Gems--to the point I thought it might make the league a little apprehensive about the portrayal he was creating.

LeBron James was hilarious in Trainwreck.

He plays one on one with his friend Bill Hader at one point.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Well there is the whole cast of "This is the End".
Creed Bratton plays a fictionalized version of himself on The Office.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad