Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I think it was during the game or post game but someone mentioned that he was a natural RW. Maybe Alan May?

Fact is we don't have Oates handedness issues anymore and 65 looked just fine there yesterday.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
under the radar option. Carl Soderberg?

Unless any preliminary contract discussions have just been awful I can't see the B's making him available. I see him as likely fairly important to their future. But yeah I think he would be a great fit for the Caps.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I'm not saying you are wrong, because that is what I thought also, and don't take this the wrong way but you know this as an absolute fact how exactly?

That's where he played his whole career in Sweden ('09-'13), and that's where he was listed in all of the draft reports from his draft year.

If i remember correctly Sweden used him as RW in the WJC year ago. That's propably why people might think otherwise.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Alex Prewitt ‏@alex_prewitt
Trotz on 65 going back to center: "Right now, probably hold off...I'd probably say it's something that'll continue on next year."

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
he is a ufa. I would think he would not be available because boston wants to make the playoffs. but if they hit a rough patch and fall out of the playoff race, I caught my attention.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Alex Prewitt ‏@alex_prewitt
Trotz on 65 going back to center: "Right now, probably hold off...I'd probably say it's something that'll continue on next year."

happy+carlton.gif

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Trotz wants a center who is defensively responsible, looks like. And Kuz has been very good recently in that area, seen him make a number of good defensive plays. He's probably gotten the 2C position locked down for now.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I guess a goal will do a lot to make a game look impressive.

Aside of the tally, I didn't think Burakovsky played all that well at 1RW. He coughed up the puck a few times when physically challenged. For a fanbase that jumps all over Johansson, Burakovsky is far softer and less adept at shielding the puck than MoJo. Bura had one nice play where he circled back up high and fed a nice pass to start off the cycle in earnest late in the second, but otherwise possessions generally ended when he touched the puck in the offensive zone.

He scored, so that should buy him at least one more game as 1RW, but I want to see more from him going forward.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
The more I look at Jeff Petry, the more I think he's a perfect buy low Green replacement candidate. He's Edmonton's TOI leader, gets the worst matchups and zone deployments, and still leads the team with a 52.1% Corsi. His boxcar stats (and thus trade value) are low (2G, 3A at 5v5), but mainly due to an unsightly 940 PDO (is that even possible? LOL). This is a good player having a really unlucky season and I want the Caps to be the ones to capitalize.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
The more I look at Jeff Petry, the more I think he's a perfect buy low Green replacement candidate. He's Edmonton's TOI leader, gets the worst matchups and zone deployments, and still leads the team with a 52.1% Corsi. His boxcar stats (and thus trade value) are low (2G, 3A at 5v5), but mainly due to an unsightly 940 PDO (is that even possible? LOL). This is a good player having a really unlucky season and I want the Caps to be the ones to capitalize.

How's Fayne doing??

The guy everyone wanted us to sign. He was a close third behind the love for Scuderi/Mitchell over the last couple of years.

Schmidt/Orlov would be my guess as the 3rd pair next year IF Green leaves. He may end up being extended.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I like Petry, but there's enough in-house candidates to replace Green. If you're trying to reduce cost on the blueline, it's hard to beat the ELCs and RFA bridge deals they have in the system. If you're willing to spend a lot to field an elite third pairing, you might as well keep Green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad