Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Jersey's SCF team didn't exactly have a glut of puckmovers. LA had Doughty, two rookie puckmovers, Mitchell who can pass but is nothing special and two grenade handlers. Boston traded for Kaberle but barely put him to any good use. We could probably use a Mark Streit or something (or just plug Green in there, but he's a flake now so that's completely pointless), but it's not all that far off.

The best puck movement comes from rock solid defense.

That did hurt them in the finals imo. But generally, I agree.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Nick Kypreos suggesting that Ryan Miller may be on the trade block. Now that's a foundation for rebuilding the Caps.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Nick Kypreos suggesting that Ryan Miller may be on the trade block. Now that's a foundation for rebuilding the Caps.

Change of scenery may do him good, but he hasn't exactly been playing up to that contract the past few years.

Might be better to spend the money on skaters.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Change of scenery may do him good, but he hasn't exactly been playing up to that contract the past few years.

Might be better to spend the money on skaters.

Agreed. There's so many holes and we're so far away (especially with realignment) that we should focus on a top pairing dman (ideally two with Green outbound) and a 2c. Sigh.

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
I don't think Holtby has been awful, but he sure lets up some weak goals. It would be nice to give Nuevirth a start. Also let Mojo play C, but to do that I think we need to trade Ribeiro

BobbyCarpenter

Jan 22, 2008
Houston, TX
The next step hurts a lot worse. I'm more or less convinced he reverts to 100 point force of nature with a change of scenery.

I don't know about that. I see Ovy getting traded (similar to when Jagr was traded from the Pens), playing in the NHL for 3 seasons, crapping the bed, then going back to Russia never to be heard from again.

sunnydaycrash

Feb 24, 2004
Vancouver
I don't know about that. I see Ovy getting traded (similar to when Jagr was traded from the Pens), playing in the NHL for 3 seasons, crapping the bed, then going back to Russia never to be heard from again.

He only crapped the bed for the Caps, he played great with the Rangers, even hit the 100 pt plateau with the Rangers....I can't believe I just defended Jagr....I need a shower

BobbyCarpenter

Jan 22, 2008
Houston, TX
He only crapped the bed for the Caps, he played great with the Rangers, even hit the 100 pt plateau with the Rangers....I can't believe I just defended Jagr....I need a shower

But you proved my point - prime Jagr > prime Ovy

I think Ovy has dug his psyche into a deep ditch. I don't think he has any more Great 8 seasons in him. At least not here in NA.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I've been on and off the trade Ovi wagon this season, but lately i've been glueing myself onto the wagon... aside from that one hat trick, he's just been... I don't know. Crosby having a Hart trophy season right now makes his decline hurt so much more...

It'll be like a bad, but necessary breakup... I'll get the ice cream.

sunnydaycrash

Feb 24, 2004
Vancouver

I think Ovy has dug his psyche into a deep ditch. I don't think he has any more Great 8 seasons in him. At least not here in NA.

It's definitely a mental issue with him, but unfortunately no one seems to have any answers including him.....so it's just another day in being a Caps fan.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs

Negative. Prime Ovie didn't play with Lemieux, and was a punishing physical force.

Prime Ovie > Prime Jagr. Jagr's prime just seemingly lasted longer.

His downfall is now causing people to underrate him when he was the best player in the world. Ridiculous..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad