Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Halland
What are people's thoughts about Tyler Bozak as 2C?

3 more years at 4,2M after this season
51,8% won face offs (right handed, which could be very useful)
14g 18 ass in 47 games with a -12 to the season
Play both on the PP (7g) and PK (2g)
giveaway/takeaway 17/49
Adds some scoring (0,7p/g over the last 4 season, but playing with Kessel and with plenty of PP might do that to anyone?)
Avg over a hit/game
Only 6 pim's so far

Probably not ideal, but Toronto is probably open for business and he shouldnt be too expensive?

BJD

May 26, 2011
what about gomez? he could be acquired cheap and has 16 points in 23 games on an offensively starved NJ team

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
@Blades agree on Apple Cheeks Fedetenko

Always seemed a #CapKiller

We could use him if for no other reason no one else could... cough depth.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
:edmonton

Philipp Grubauer
5th round pick

:caps

Ben Scrivens
Bogdan Yakimov

Grubauer is worth slightly more than Yakimov
Scrivens is worth something like a third or a fourth (see Dubnyk)

Caps get a big center prospect, which is a weakness, as well as a solid back-up who has never been below .900 Sv% before this year (.895).

Oilers get their potential future #1.

Caps then waive Peters to make salary cap work.
Holtby - Scrivens
Copley - Peters

I like that goaltending. It also rhymes.

Last edited:

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
30 Thoughts:

11. With Capgeek currently off-radar, it’s harder to pin down salary information, but the Rangers’ top four defenders (Dan Boyle, Dan Girardi, Ryan McDonagh and Staal) combine for a cap hit of approximately $20.4M next season. I think that’s second highest in the NHL, behind Montreal, at about $21.6M.

New York values this group and Boyle’s deal ends in June 2016, which adds some flexibility. I have Los Angeles third ($19.2M or so) with Drew Doughty, Alec Martinez, Jake Muzzin and Slava Voynov signed long-term, although Voynov’s future is far from certain. But it shows where top-four defencemen fit in a cap world, and some teams have decisions to make.

12. Atop of the list is Washington, with UFA Mike Green. The Capitals have John Carlson, Matt Niskanen and Brooks Orpik at about $15.2M for the next three years, which means that if Green re-signs for no raise at all, they will be above $21M.

Since his breakthrough 2007-08 season, Green’s ice-time rank among the club’s defence ranked first five times, second once and third once. This year, he is fifth, two seconds behind Karl Alzner, 19:08 per night. That’s 2:54 under his previous low during this span. He still leads Washington defenders in powerplay time, but at 2:58/game, that’s also down from his offensive heyday.

Barring a change in his role or Green accepting a cut, does this make sense for either side?

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Green should be moved before the deadline. Maybe 2 or 3 days prior. Those assets should be used at the deadline.

not gonna happen unless we got an offer we couldn't refuse.

just basing that speculation off of the comments BMac made. :dunno:

plus this..

Alex Prewitt @alex_prewitt
And since @wyshynski brought up what @FriedgeHNIC did, here's Mike Green: "My heart is in WSH, no matter what. I would love to [stay]."

Have to wonder if he will take a deal to stay.

Last edited:

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Green should be moved before the deadline. Maybe 2 or 3 days prior. Those assets should be used at the deadline.

1) Green for a first and a third to a WC bubble team

2) Zidlicky for a third

3) Our 1st for Vermette

Net gain in assets. Minor step back for our third pairing d. Major improvement up front.

Trotz coached Zidlicky for 4 years.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011

2) Zidlicky for a third

3) Our 1st for Vermette

Net gain in assets. Minor step back for our third pairing d. Major improvement up front.

But that would destroy our beautiful chemistry!

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010

2) Zidlicky for a third

3) Our 1st for Vermette

Eagerly anticipating to see if GMBM has the nuts to pull something like that off.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Adam Vingan @AdamVingan
To @FriedgeHNIC/@wyshynski/@alex_prewitt's points, here's Mac on Green: "I think he’s been really good. I think he’s had a good attitude

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Adam Vingan @AdamVingan
To @FriedgeHNIC/@wyshynski/@alex_prewitt's points, here's Mac on Green: "I think he’s been really good. I think he’s had a good attitude

What's he gonna say? He sucks major?

I like how he complimented his attitude, not anything specific on his playing

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Except for the bonehead interference call, I was impressed with Jeff Petry's play last night. Pending UFA right shooting defenseman like Mike Green who's currently making just a little over 3. Would target him in the off season to pair with Orlov/Scmidt. He has some good size as well.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Except for the bonehead interference call, I was impressed with Jeff Petry's play last night. Pending UFA right shooting defenseman like Mike Green who's currently making just a little over 3. Would target him in the off season to pair with Orlov/Scmidt. He has some good size as well.

I like him too, but I'm sure he can find a top 4 job somewhere for more than we'd be willing to pay him. I think someone like Adam McQuaid would be more reasonable.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think they've already made up their mind on Green, especially given injuries to Orlov and Schmidt. They'll ride out the year if they can't get a deal done early, and then see what happens in the offseason. They'll offer what they think they can afford for him and he'll have to decide whether or not to stay. A lot will have to do with how he and the new staff get along, and from what I've seen there's a much better attitude and relationship both ways. He may even take their offer.

As of today I'd put their chance of having a "move him for assets" mindset at less than 25%. They could still trade him if the perfect deal comes along, though.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Yeah, Green is not going to moved. Might as well just leave that out of all of your fantasy trades.

I wonder if Green will take a big pay cut to stay. The obvious answer is no, but Gormley said Green will be talking to his agent during the All Star break about getting a deal done. It's pretty obvious that Green could make a **** ton of money as a free agent, and he probably knows that. I think him talking with his agent may indicate he's willing to take a cut to stay here.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
FWIW, Wyshynski in that same conversation thread said he thought Green would take a pay cut to stay, but that it wasn't a good idea for either Green or WSH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad