Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
You all suck! :P

icehockey_(11).jpg

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Hope I'm not being included in any bigotry talk, I'm the one that started this conversation by saying burmi didnt do anything to help the Russian factor. That's all I meant too, it exists and in some cases there is something to it.

My favorite player of this generation is kovalchuk. No problems with Russians. Nikolishin forever.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
It's not bigotry if it's true. Hell, it's not being bigoted, it's facing reality. Sometimes Russian players go home instead of grinding out a career that isn't what they thought it was going to be. As a GM, you have to be mindful of the possibility. That's it.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
Anybody else surprised that Damien Brunner didn't re-sign with Detroit?

He played really well in the play-offs from what I saw.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
moller-nhlpa93.jpg

This exact game. I used the Capitals because I was magic with Dino Ciccarelli.... who until recently was actually the man on the HF boards banner. Mike Gartner was fast as hell too. I always played against the Whalers because they were the worst team in the game.

It was this game on Sega for me. I still play it every now and then. If I wasn't looking for a challenge, Penguins all day with Mario, Jagr, and Francis. Otherwise the Whale. The team wasn't as bad as the lineup the computer throws out. Third line can be Cassels, Sanderson, Holik which isn't awful. Or because I hate Pat Verbeek, bench him and roll a 3rd line of Jim McKenzie, Paul Gillis, and Ed Kastelic and beat the piss out of everyone on the ice.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I preferred the Nintendo game. Fat guys with one skinny fella. Bombs from the point.

Favorite sega 92 team - Calgary.
No one knew anything about them, and that game didn't have names of players.
10-25-14. Roberts, niewie, fleury
2-20 macinnis, suter
30? Forgot what Vernon wore. All star squad.

My roommate was always la
7-99-20 sandstrom, duh, robataille
4 and I forgot the other d. Duchene? And Blake
Hrudey
Sandstrom was the secret weapon

Chicago
Larmer/roenick/chelios

I played NYI a lot and would do nothing but end to end with lafontaine.

Last edited:

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I love St. Louis in NHLPA '93 as well. MacInnis had made his way over by that point and you had Adam Oates between Brett Hull. Slapshots with Hull or MacInnis were almost certain to go in.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Rutherford just said on 99.9thefan that the mystery player is still out there and waiting patiently. Also that he would have to move a player out in order to make it work. Resume discussion.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Oh, sweet...now we're adding a traded player to the conjecture!

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=677556

Jason Karmanos, Executive Vice President and Assistant General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has agreed to terms with defensemen Mark Flood and Matt Corrente (kohr-REHN-tay) on one-year, two-way contracts. Flood’s deal will pay him $550,000 on the NHL level or $175,000 on the American Hockey League (AHL) level, with a guarantee of at least $225,000. Corrente’s deal will pay him $550,000 on the NHL level or $90,000 on the American Hockey League (AHL) level, with a guarantee of at least $105,000.

Our defensive issues are fixed.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I believe Corrente was the guy that was drafted with the pick the Canes gave up for Doug Weight.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Corrente's problem has always been staying healthy. Brings a physical presence and can play either D or forward, and has played quite a few games for the Devils in the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad