TVA Sports According to TVA Sports - the best candidate to replace Julien is Bob Hartley. 2nd best? Therrien

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
We have been living with it, and there are zero results.

t's time for some change, I would think no matter the language, winning is what matters. At some point, the people who put the language first, might just get it...........or we will be like the leafs, and hit 50 years plus with zero Cups.

One can hope...doing the right thing, is not always the popular thing.
Yeah.... But not going to happen

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
100% of the HF board fanbase which is not the habs fanbase

If you want MT back, you aren't really part of the fanbase.
(And that's coming from a guy who absolutely acknowledged MT has lots of qualities as a HC)

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
This thread is ridiculous. The Habs have two excellent internal options in Ducharme and Bouchard. The only external option I’m interested in is Gallant.

Bergevin may not be the best executive in the world but even he is wise enough to know Bob Hartley would not be a proper coach for us.
Bob Hartley is too Anglophone sounding even though he is bi-lingual. Besides, he would antagonize Blue Jackets' Torts too much!

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Vigneault, Martin and Carbo should be next on the retread program, just not sure on the order as AV is coaching already which throws a wrench into the time space continuum. Maybe Jacques Lemaire and Tremblay too can be added to the short list of candidates.

Or we could hire someone new who has a mandate to develop prospects into a contender over being a perennial bubble team filled out with reliable dime-a-dozen journeymen.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
This is why I never paid, and never will, for these f*cking TVA Sports clowns. Every single f*cking thing from Peladeau (Quebecor) is pure trash made for morons.

Yup, this article is a poignant case in point for TVA spanre's lack of interesting and intelligible sports journalists. This kind of clueless content is exactly what I've come to expect from them. RDS was pretty bad too when it started up those first few years, and to be fair their commentary in-between periods and after games kinda still is even though it's much better than it used to be, but I don't remember it being nearly as bad as TVA sports' extravaganza of crap reporting.

For the record, I want any of Pascal Vincent, Benoit Groulx or Mike Babcock as coach next year. Wouldn't mind Gallant too even though I feel he would be a worse fit than those three.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Yeah.... No.... For your opinion to work, change would have to be made during the season and the team would have to play for .750 or higher... And eveb then...
Really? that is sad. I am French btw and I find that to be really discouraging.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
TVA Sports had a show on TV yesterday evening, and they had a graphic up of the top 10 best candidates to replace Julie.

Option 1 - Bob Hartley

Option 2 - Michel Therrien

lol? I don't understand how anyone can seriously believe that - let alone air it on tv that way. It's pathetic. Therrien is the absolute worst option to bring back - considering this same core quit on him, and considering how badly things ended for him just 3 years ago...For those interrested here is a link to the story

Top 10 des candidats pour remplacer Claude Julien - TVA Sports

Gallant was ranked 9, and Babcock 10 - the only 2 non-french coaches (don't think Gallant speaks French, but could be wrong). Roy was 8th, Ducharme 3rd and Joel Bouchard 7th
Is this 2012?

Where is Guy Boucher? He never got his chance.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
what about Mario Tremblay? he can chase Price out of town so the real rebuild can be started.
Some fans blamed Mario Tremblay (and to some extent Reggie Houle) for driving Patrick Roy out of town and the Habs haven't won the Cup since. Tremblay utterly embarrassed the proud Roy in that Scotty Bowman coached Red Wings' 11-2 thrashing of Les Canadiens when he didn't yank Roy from the game until he allowed nine goals. Roy said to Habs' President Ronald Corey "I'm out of here" before sauntering to the dressing room. Houle shortly after traded Roy and Captain Mike Keane to the Avs in exchange for Jocelyn Thibault and Andrei Kovalenko.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Is this 2012?

Where is Guy Boucher? He never got his chance.
As evidenced by his track record in Tampa and in Ottawa, short-term wonder kid Guy Boucher would likely get the Habs into the playoffs in Year 1 or 2, but then the squad would hate his guts. He even got Peter Laviolette steaming mad at him one time in Philly.

No ReGretzkys

May 8, 2018
Yup, this article is a poignant case in point for TVA spanre's lack of interesting and intelligible sports journalists. This kind of clueless content is exactly what I've come to expect from them. RDS was pretty bad too when it started up those first few years, and to be fair their commentary in-between periods and after games kinda still is even though it's much better than it used to be, but I don't remember it being nearly as bad as TVA sports' extravaganza of crap reporting.

For the record, I want any of Pascal Vincent, Benoit Groulx or Mike Babcock as coach next year. Wouldn't mind Gallant too even though I feel he would be a worse fit than those three.
Mike Babcock? Lol never

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
In mostly all results based businesses there comes a time when the losses tip the scales enough to promote change. The fact that our drafting is well below that which we’ve come to expect historically & this GM’s hiring of neophytes that has destroyed our development the fact that there’s a contingency of people who believe Pierre McGuire is qualified to be our gm the fact that Therrien lasted as long as he did was astonishing to me . There is a disease that has inculcated itself within this once proud franchise and it’s left us with the unrecognizable failure we have right now.

I’m not sure if many on this board have had the privilege of watching some of the great Canadiens teams I was fortunate to witness but wow it was fun.

We may never see a GM/Coach like Pollock-Bowman again
but the likes of Savard-Demers, men who WE were proud to have represent the blue blanc et rouge are still out there. Please Mr Molson forget language issue and hire some leadership that resembles our once proud winning tradition.

Jul 6, 2016
IF Patrick Roy would be GM, his headcoach would be Benoit Groulx. He said it before. Lots of respect between these two men.

Reactions: Fixxer

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Would the US hire a only Russian speaking coach to speak with the media ? no, never.

Same in Quebec, most of the population is french and can't even understand 1 sentence in english.

Reactions: Toene and 1909

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Would the US hire a only Russian speaking coach to speak with the media ? no, never.

Same in Quebec, most of the population is french and can't even understand 1 sentence in english.

Have you watched soccer Q&A's? Translators exist. You think coaches working in France all learn French? ...and that's a much more lucrative business than NHL hockey.

Jul 6, 2016
Benoit Groulx, Pascal Vincent, André Tourigny, Dominic Ducharme should all be considered before older guys like Hartley.

Reactions: Toene

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

A study showed that Quebecers between the age 15 to 27 are at 66% bilingual
And that trend is going up cause 10 years ago there were only 28% in Quebec.

KHL hired Bob Hartley and his russian was not there when he started.

Reactions: lo striver

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad