TVA Sports According to TVA Sports - the best candidate to replace Julien is Bob Hartley. 2nd best? Therrien

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Brisebois would be in the exact same scenario or worse with the way this organization has drafted over the last 12 years. Can't turn dog shit into gold, i'm sorry that just isn't how it works.

Perhaps you are not aware of the job description of a GM?

Scouting is a department that reports directly to the GM.

Reactions: Andrei79

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
well it looks like that TVA sports had a new list yesterday on Dave Morrissette show.
1) Patrick Roy
2)Gerard Gallant
3)Dominic Ducharme
4)Joel Bouchard
5)Benoit Groulx

What they say was kind of Groulx hate to talk to the medias, Bouchard needs to learn to coach pro players, hard to make transition from assistant to HC in NHL for Ducharme, Gallant doesn't speak French and Roy wants full control.

Looks like they are all flawed in some way.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
well it looks like that TVA sports had a new list yesterday on Dave Morrissette show.
1) Patrick Roy
2)Gerard Gallant
3)Dominic Ducharme
4)Joel Bouchard
5)Benoit Groulx

What they say was kind of Groulx hate to talk to the medias, Bouchard needs to learn to coach pro players, hard to make transition from assistant to HC in NHL for Ducharme, Gallant doesn't speak French and Roy wants full control.

Looks like they are all flawed in some way.
Not speaking french is still a flaw i see lmao

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I'm surprised that Julien might be on the outs. He has two years left on his contract, and it seems to me that he's doing the best anyone can reasonably be expected to with a very weak group of players.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I'm surprised that Julien might be on the outs. He has two years left on his contract, and it seems to me that he's doing the best anyone can reasonably be expected to with a very weak group of players.
But, does that explain the lousy home record, and third period collapses?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
But, does that explain the lousy home record, and third period collapses?

I don't know what caused those two factors, but I think that there's a risk in fracturing the discussion into 100 micro-statistics. That's not a valid thing to do. What we know is that the Habs are 12th in the conference. Given their roster, that is an adequate performance.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I don't know what caused those two factors, but I think that there's a risk in fracturing the discussion into 100 micro-statistics. That's not a valid thing to do. What we know is that the Habs are 12th in the conference. Given their roster, that is an adequate performance.
Adequate, but could be a tad better, given the results of certain games, but, wadda ya gonna do? :huh:

Reactions: DAChampion

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Given that MB feels his group is underperforming, it makes sense that he might be on his way out. It won't take too long before another team hires him.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
q

why do you reply to my posts if you don't read them completely ?
There isn't " the best GM " or the "best coach " available . It doesn't exist . What is real is that many people have similar competences, and that the one who looks good today will be the one who looks bad in a near future . You look all around the League and the GM that won the Cup few years back like Detroit, L.A. or Chicago for example, are now out of the POs . The ones that are running the best teams were fired previously from other teams
BS every job, every sport every human endeavor has people that excel at it, people are not created equally, it is nice to think we are, but is is BS. I get it you are fine with drifting aimlessly, I am not.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
God I hope Julien is fired before next season

Blames the players for being on their heals when they have the lead and yet puts out the 4th line to take the draw after a goal for either team and starts them in the offensive zone after icings. If you’re not going for the throat as a coach how do you expect the players to respond.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad