Podcast (Audio) ACCEPTING QUESTIONS ABOUT - The 2012 Stanley Cup run

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Who is in possession of the Stanley Cup Playoff win plaque that holds the puck for each win? I remember seeing Penner slap a puck onto it after one of the wins. Maybe it was his series clincher against the Coyotes.

Reactions: YP44

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Was there a moment in the series where the team felt they had Vancouver on the run?

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Ultimately How big of a deal was Justin Williams' speech about wanting to remember them all as winners before Game 6 in cooling everyone's nerves?

Who was the loudest snorer on the team?

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
At what point in the run did the players realize the cup was within reach and/or their run was something special and they could win it?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
What did Sutter do differently in the playoffs versus the regular season?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Ultimately How big of a deal was Justin Williams' speech about wanting to remember them all as winners before Game 6 in cooling everyone's nerves?

Who was the loudest snorer on the team?
Even though Williams said this, is there anyone Williams thinks is a loser?

Reactions: Lt Dan

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Even though Williams said this, is there anyone Williams thinks is a loser?

Never.

“Puck luck is for cop-outs,” he said. “I don’t believe in that at all.”

“I’m a true believer in making your own breaks and that you get what you deserve,” he added. “Last night, simply, just wasn’t good enough in every aspect of the game. Therefore, we lost.”

15 wins into a Cup run, only stopped by a pile of f***ing snow behind Jester Lundqvist, this dude is still seething.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Never.

“Puck luck is for cop-outs,” he said. “I don’t believe in that at all.”

“I’m a true believer in making your own breaks and that you get what you deserve,” he added. “Last night, simply, just wasn’t good enough in every aspect of the game. Therefore, we lost.”

15 wins into a Cup run, only stopped by a pile of f***ing snow behind Jester Lundqvist, this dude is still seething.
I know not many people will remember this, but after the last game of the 2014-15 season the team skated out to congratulate Quick on the victory over San Jose. This was after the Kings had lost three in a row, at Calgary, at Edmonton, and at Vancouver to choke away their chance of making the playoffs.

As they were leaving the ice, Kopitar tried to high-five Williams. Williams was having none of it, and just stared at him as he skated by him.

Sure that team finished with 95 points, and missed the playoffs by 4 points, but the over/under in Vegas for Kings points during the regular season was 104.5 points. That team underperformed by a significant margin, and Williams knew it.

Justin Williams is a gamer.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Speaking of 2012

1660335364311.jpeg

Last edited:

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
I drink ALOT, but wasn't Hextall the AGM in 2012? I don't think Blake was with the team. I am not sure what Luc's role was
President of Business Operations

Dean is holding onto Quick like his first born son. Interestingly enough, zero signs of BLuc from what I can tell by zooming in. Guess they didn’t make the guest list cut off since they’re not family
A number of invitees couldn't attend for various reasons.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad