Podcast (Audio) ACCEPTING QUESTIONS ABOUT - The 2012 Stanley Cup run

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Have any questions you ever wanted to ask about the 2011-12 season?

Regular season or playoffs?

Questions for players, coaches, front office, trainers....... the people that ran the twitter account....

I'm opening a short window here for you to get your questions in.

I can't promise I'll get to ask them. I can't promise I'll even choose to ask them.

But if there's something that you've been dying to know for the last 10 years... ask me and I'll see what I can do.

And that's all I'm saying about it today.

You've got about a day to post them here.

OR if you don[t have a question but just wanted to remember some amusing little moment or story toss that in as well.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
How the hell did the Kings lose 4 games?

Seriously, I am with @Telos. When is Dean Lombardi going to write his damn book?

What was the major turning point in the 2012 season? Could be Sutter taking over, maybe the Carter trade, or something else, and why?

Tell whoever after Game 3 against Vancouver there were Canuck fans at Staples yelling, "It takes 4 boys!"

I yelled back, "What is 4 - 3?!?"

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Is it true that Brown's wife was such a negative influence that the rest of the wives/girlfriends voted to boot her from their seating section and that the conflict and subsequent issues led directly to the turmoil between Sutter and Brown?

Good luck with that one...

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Is it true that Brown's wife was such a negative influence that the rest of the wives/girlfriends voted to boot her from their seating section and that the conflict and subsequent issues led directly to the turmoil between Sutter and Brown?

Good luck with that one...
You are a real sh*t disturber. LOL

I gotta say I feel Brown is somewhat hen-pecked. I always wanted to play at the same table as Brown in the poker tournament, because he always went all-in on the first hand when he had absolutely nothing just so he could leave and join his wife.

Reactions: Gjwrams and bland

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Everyone here knows it was my thread:

"I'm calling it now...."
dirty-dozen-never-heard-of-it.gif

Reactions: Choralone

bland

Jul 1, 2004
You are a real sh*t disturber. LOL

I gotta say I feel Brown is somewhat hen-pecked. I always wanted to play at the same table as Brown in the poker tournament, because he always went all-in on the first hand when he had absolutely nothing just so he could leave and join his wife.
I think the over/under on the first Kings broadcast that doesn't mention Brown by name is set at "never".

He is getting the full-on banquet circuit routine this year, might as well get a dig or two in over the summer to keep the bitch muscles limber.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I think the over/under on the first Kings broadcast that doesn't mention Brown by name is set at "never".

He is getting the full-on banquet circuit routine this year, might as well get a dig or two in over the summer to keep the bitch muscles limber.
Yeah, the Kings are never going to bad mouth the guy that ignored the Campbell Bowl twice and was the first King to ever hoist the Stanley Cup, and rightfully so IMO.

I know you never had much use for Brown, but I respect what he did for the Kings.

Reactions: Cianide

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
The”Black Parade “ and accompanying video was seemingly the perfect music for that run is there any thought to making that the lead music when we make our next run in the spring ? It was especially perfect for the fathers and the sons like mine that was raised on kings hockey and got to share those nights with 18000 of our closeset friends

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Can you ask them some casual non-hockey questions like what their favorite pizza place is or what they think about abortion…stuff like that?

• Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Who was the opponent that they thought was the toughest?

At what point did the front office think, this a cup caliber team?

Was Mike Smith a fun goalie to taunt?

Was part of the strategy against Vancouver to not fall for Kesler's and Burrows and let them take penalties?
Why didn't the Kings have a fundraiser for Lt. Dan's legs?

Can you ask them some casual non-hockey questions like what their favorite pizza place is or what they think about abortion…stuff like that?
A: Me 'n Ed's in Long Beach.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I know we'll neve rknow the real answer to this but I was always curious if Smith clubbing Brown's knee is why it bothered him for a few years.

I also want to know about Fraser's STigmata moment :laugh:

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Who has the best signing voice/what was the best karyoke song sung by a player?

Did anyone call Ryan Smyth in the off-season?

Between second and third period of game 6, what was that locker room like?

Thanks as always!

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
Prior to Sutters arrival what was the reason for the team underperforming? Was it system, attitude, belief or a combination of things.
This, focus on the turn around and what changed to go from struggling to cup winners

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
This, focus on the turn around and what changed to go from struggling to cup winners
Although it was a key move it certainly wasn’t ‘just’ the Carter trade. So hoping for a detailed response

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad