Recalled/Assigned: Aberg, Marincin Down

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So Moore is back for next game, so that explains Aberg going down.

But Marincin going down leaves us with 6D and Barrie is currently injured.

To me this says that Liljegren or Sandin are coming up, as they are around 900K, so sending down an extra body covers that???

Edit: With Johnsson on LTIR, and Petan, Marincin and Aberg sent down, we could afford to call up both Liljegren and Sandin and activate Moore if we wanted to, so this isn’t cap related.

The optimist in me is wondering that with 2.7ishM usable with Johnsson on LTIR and Moore activates, that if we are calling up a d-man and maybe have a move lined up for a goalie?

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Don’t they keep doing this just to increase the cap space we can use later? We seem to do this a lot since we became so close to the cap.

Reactions: mulefarm

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Petan down made room for Moore. Aberg shouldn't have been here in the first place IMO, maybe they're just trying someone else. Marincin down is weird under the circumstances. Can't see them calling up both Swede D so why do the need to demote Marincin, they still need an extra. Maybe Marincin gets a game for the Marlies today, keeps him fresh, then he gets recalled again

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I was so worried that Marincin was going to be put in. Thank god.

This likely either means that Barrie isn't injured enough to not play, or Liljegren is getting a chance. Both are great news.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I don’t care about the 5Ws

but glory to Satan they are gone !!!

This guy?

miroslav_satan_18.jpg

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
There are 2 possibilities here. One, Liljegren will be called up to replace Barrie if he's out.

The other thing is that this could just be Marincin going down for a warm up game and then gets to play on Tuesday after a recall.

I think they'll give Marincin a chance to play. He's been sitting too much.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
There are 2 possibilities here. One, Liljegren will be called up to replace Barrie if he's out.

The other thing is that this could just be Marincin going down for a warm up game and then get to play on Tuesday.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto

The other thing is that this could just be Marincin going down for a warm up game and then gets to play on Tuesday after a recall.

I think they'll give Marincin a chance to play. He's been sitting too much.

If the Jays could finally move on from Aaron Loup surely the Leafs can move on from Marincin

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I wonder if they secretly hope Marincin will develop like Justin Holl? I suppose he’s been good in international hockey and his frame is valuable. Just seems to not have the composure and intelligence to advance his game and maximize his ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad