Confirmed with Link: Abeltshauser to STL for pick

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Bergman is a RD.

I like Ryan quite a bit but Stollery isn't an NHLer in my opinion and McNally could be something but time will tell there.

KA was pretty much their best LD prospect behind Mueller in my opinion.

Maybe this means Mueller will be in the AHL to start the season...that doesn't really make this OK but it would make a bit more sense.

Do we have a breakdown of the D by side in the system?

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Bet you this guy doesn't even play an NHL game in his career this board overreacts too much. For Christ sake he was playing in the ECHL last year because he couldn't keep up in the AHL.

That's not why he was in the ECHL. He needed a confidence boost because he was getting too down on himself when he made mistakes. When told he was going to Allen as opposed to sitting in Worcester he was about as excited as I've ever seen a player be being sent down. He wanted to improve and knew that was his chance.

That's not the kind of player you throw away, which is what San Jose did.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
That's not why he was in the ECHL. He needed a confidence boost because he was getting too down on himself when he made mistakes. When told he was going to Allen as opposed to sitting in Worcester he was about as excited as I've ever seen a player be being sent down. He wanted to improve and knew that was his chance.

Did his confidence issues in any way come from Sommer and his general ineptness?

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF

So he couldn't handle AHL play? Semantics. Still doesn't bode well for him.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
So he couldn't handle AHL play? Semantics. Still doesn't bode well for him.

It's not semantics. In fact, it's far from that.

All players, at every level, makes mistakes. Abeltshauser had issues recovering from those mistakes. Learning to do that is part of the development process. He went to a place where he could play and be a top pairing guy to help develop the mental aspect of his game better. You see that in NHL players being assigned to the AHL for that reason, and from the AHL to ECHL for that reason. And by all accounts, he did great in Allen.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I think being paired with DeMelo and Doherty was his issue.

And he was still pretty good for most of the 50 games he played for Worcester last year.

He was 3rd in D scoring (pts/g) behind the two OFD vets Fedun & Taormina.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Any word on what the conditions of the pick are? Also I'm not too sure why so many of you guys are whining about this trade. Clearly this guy isn't good enough to make our team and he's already 22, never understood why many of you were so high on him.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Me too. If I remember correctly, 210 made it sound like he most definitely wouldn't be back.

I think the only way Doherty sees another AHL game is if he buys a ticket. He flat out can't play at the AHL level and every team abused him. Opponents were intentionally skating up his side because they knew odds were good they'd fly right past him.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Any word on what the conditions of the pick are? Also I'm not too sure why so many of you guys are whining about this trade. Clearly this guy isn't good enough to make our team and he's already 22, never understood why many of you were so high on him.

Guessing the condition is he signs with the Blues...

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
It's not semantics. In fact, it's far from that.

All players, at every level, makes mistakes. Abeltshauser had issues recovering from those mistakes. Learning to do that is part of the development process. He went to a place where he could play and be a top pairing guy to help develop the mental aspect of his game better. You see that in NHL players being assigned to the AHL for that reason, and from the AHL to ECHL for that reason. And by all accounts, he did great in Allen.

He indeed did do well in Allen during their Kelly Cup run, so that makes this move mildly surprising.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Has to be something more going on here, as in the org valued him less than it would seem his is worth for some reason we are not privy to. This just an unnecessary trade and an unnecessary time otherwise.

Sad, I had hope for Albetshauser.

WookieCrasher

Jun 30, 2014
Oh no, he was the last german player here... :(

Now i have to search a new favorite team...just kidding :D but still sad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad