Injury Report: Abdelkader injured hand dtd (should be fine)

RedWingsNow*

Want him off the first line and especially off the PP -- but we need him.
I think he hurt his thumb.. twisted, or broken

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 13m
Wings said Abdelkader sustained cut to left hand and is being stitched up, result of fight near end of game.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Ohhh noooo, i am so sad.

Wait no, I can't even pretend.

Team is better without him and his hooked on phonics level of offensive awareness.

I seriously doubt he misses a single game.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If Cleary starts out on line 1, I won't even bother watching the first game of the year.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Why does he need to fight if he's on the top line? Come on.

He didn't seem real interested in dropping his gloves when watching it they were pushing and what not. Think the injury happened on the fall. But he kept one on and had both gloves still on when the Pittsburgh player really engaged in the fight. Had no problem with him pushing back, heck a slash to the hand might have started all that, no reason for him to take business when they are losing 5 to 1.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
He didn't seem real interested in dropping his gloves when watching it they were pushing and what not. Think the injury happened on the fall. But he kept one on and had both gloves still on when the Pittsburgh player really engaged in the fight. Had no problem with him pushing back, heck a slash to the hand might have started all that, no reason for him to take business when they are losing 5 to 1.

Well, okay. It's okay to have guys who won't take crap. :)

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Why does he need to fight if he's on the top line? Come on.

What? How does what line you are on have anything to do with if you should fight back or not. Did anyone ***** about Shanny fighting from the top line? How about Probert riding shotgun for Yzerman. What an odd question.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
What? How does what line you are on have anything to do with if you should fight back or not. Did anyone ***** about Shanny fighting from the top line? How about Probert riding shotgun for Yzerman. What an odd question.

Agree. Thats part of what makes Abdelkader a pretty good option on that line is he can stop pests from getting after Datsyuk and Z. Hes also out there aginst top pairing D and can lay into them consistently. Towards the end of last season especially he was cranking guys

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Crap, this is really gonna hurt his chances on getting on the Team USA Olympic roster...

Always a long-shot for that team, actually the guy that took a big hit last night in terms of our long-shot Olympians was probably DeKeyser. He got burned quite a bit and mostly by guys that are shoe-ins for an Olympic team.

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
Anyone who thinks Abdelkader is a fighter is kidding themselves. He's going to get killed if he crosses the path of guys like Lucic and Neil, real power forward/fighter types.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Anyone who thinks Abdelkader is a fighter is kidding themselves. He's going to get killed if he crosses the path of guys like Lucic and Neil, real power forward/fighter types.

Would you trade 5 minutes of Abdelkader for 5 minutes of Lucic? I am not saying Gator is an awesome fighter that is clearly out of his depth, but just hang on and get him to the ice, or how about 5 minutes of Phaneuf or Chara for 5 minutes of Gator.

He is a willing fighter, but he picks his spots, the best fighter on our team is Ericsson even if Tootoo dresses. That doesn't mean they have to go all the time, but it is nice to have guys that can and the Wings have enough of those.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad