Abbotsford Canucks Talk | Part 2

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
AHL is weird, no home games at all for the lower seed?
I think it's a function of the reduced travel in the AHL, and the over-importance of divisional play. They don't have any wildcard teams, and the best two of three preliminary round series, is a substitute for a "play in" round.

If this were the NHL, only the top three teams in each division would make the playoffs, but in the Pacific and other divisions, it's seven teams.

I think Abbotsford matches up well with Colorado.....but no margin for error in such a short series. I understand that Silovs is up with Vancouver on 'emergency recall'. So they'll have to ride Tolopilo in this series.

Reactions: Lindgren and arttk

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Abbotsford Canucks open tonight's Calder Cup playoffs tonight in Colorado. They probably aren't favored in the best two of three, as the road team.

And with Silovs up with the big club, Tolopilo will carry the mail between the pipes. That's the worst part of these best of threes--your season can end quick. Hopefully the Canucks can pull off the upset and get some games back home or AHL fans in the Valley.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Abbotsford Canucks open tonight's Calder Cup playoffs tonight in Colorado. They probably aren't favored in the best two of three, as the road team.

And with Silovs up with the big club, Tolopilo will carry the mail between the pipes. That's the worst part of these best of threes--your season can end quick. Hopefully the Canucks can pull off the upset and get some games back home or AHL fans in the Valley.
Sawchenko playing game 1

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Just looked at the box score and realized there is a player for Colorado named Ivan Ivan. Terrible name...

Reactions: tradervik

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Not sure Arnston is in the heavy wieght category. Team likely still looking for vet here. But does sound like he brings toughness and can play some. Think they see him as possible player rather than just a protector.

Almost a guarantee he fights in one of the prospects game

Just saw this as I was avoiding this thread until watching the last few games of the season (might not be happening now as in Mexico).

Arntsen is a legit modern heavyweight. Probably the toughest guy in the WHL in the last 5 years.

I’d assume they’d convert him to wing since there isn’t much hope of him sticking at D in pro.

Reactions: Grantham

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
Hopefully a future teammate of Marcel Marcel.
1714099065537.png

Reactions: quat and Nopefully

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Arntsen is a legit modern heavyweight. Probably the toughest guy in the WHL in the last 5 years.

I’d assume they’d convert him to wing since there isn’t much hope of him sticking at D in pro.
Has he played wing? He had some decent offensive production for a tough guy prior to this season.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Has he played wing? He had some decent offensive production for a tough guy prior to this season.

I don't think so.

He's a guy I've followed a bit over the past few years and I love his toughness and he has some decent puck skills for a tough guy ... but I don't think his skating/footwork will play as a defender in pro. Put him as a winger and get him to skate hard in straight lines and it might be a different story.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Abbotsford has fought back from a 3 goal deficit to make a game of it, down 4-3 heading into the third in the second game of the series in Colorado. Goals from Raty, Wolanin, and Karlsson.

After a significant run with 7 d, they've gone with 6, Pettersson the one to lose his spot.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
A gutsy effort by the Canucks after going down 4-1. Raty has been a beast in this game with a goal and an assist, But it's his work at both ends of the ice that stands out.

So it's on OT. Abbotsford at least has a margin for error. It's sudden death or Colorado.

Reactions: arttk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad