Player Discussion: Aatu Raty (2021 52nd OA)

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
From what I saw the other night, he seemed strong on his feet. Took a couple of hits, kept his nose in and didn't get bumped off the puck.
Yep. Has confidence too. He always wants the puck. Wants to carry it, shoot it, set guys up. Always wants to be involved

Reactions: Mike C

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
DC1F5AA8-DCCF-4238-ABF3-097F55C1D871.png

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Waive Bailey and send his sorry Balls to Bridgeport and let Raty play!!!!! Let him play Center while Zeeker is out, then let him play the Wing if needed...

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Is anyone a tad worried about his lack of speed? Maybe it is just the small amount I have seen of him in the preseason games.
It could stop him from becoming a high-end scorer. But with skill, strength, stamina, and intelligence, he can be a very good player. That seems really likely at this point.

While his agility/acceleration is mildly concerning, his maturity & awareness at 19 seems pretty exceptional.

Reactions: rkatec68

rkatec68

Mar 16, 2022
It could stop him from becoming a high-end scorer. But with skill, strength, stamina, and intelligence, he can be a very good player. That seems really likely at this point.

While his agility/acceleration is mildly concerning, his maturity & awareness at 19 seems pretty exceptional.
Well said. It's definitely the limiting factor but he has enough tools to make it even if it doesn't improve all that much.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
From the sound of it Salo, Aho, Soshnikov and Räty are the only ones left with the Isles. Sounds like Salo has the 6th spot and Aho may be in if Mayfield can’t go in game 1.

As for Sosh and Räty, I think Räty stays with the team until Wednesday to get more practice with the team or until Bpt has a game. I don’t think he has made the team. But who knows he could be kept up for a short bit to not allow any complacency among the forward group. I believe Soshnikov for the time being is going to be the extra forward along with Johnston.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
if you can play, you can play, he showed enough in pre season to warrant consideration. as was posted by someone last week, the best guys should be on the team.

Agreed. If there was a clear hole at center or if one of our options was nothing more than a placeholder, I'd have zero problem with Raty skipping Bridgeport if he looked like the superior option.

rkatec68

Mar 16, 2022

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille