Aaron Ekblad discussion thread

Bobblebee

Formerly Optimus Reim
Dec 22, 2015
B.C.
The thing that bothers me the most about him is some of his passes just go absolutely nowhere. His playoff sample size involves throwing the puck to the bench when everyone is mid change and making stretch pass giveaways through the neutral zone.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Has he or anyone actually said he doesn't work on that stuff? Otherwise it's just speculation... He's not a great skater, but we don't really know what he has or hasn't done
His first or second with us he said he strongly believed that during the off-season it's best to just step away completely from the game. I think he changed his mind on that down the road.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
What i dont like on Ekblad first 5 Season he played near the whole Season.
Last 4 Years he was out and out long term and out, Injured in bad Timings. And his Game must be readjusted. from i score score score to i must clean up my Own Zone.

And the Game getting faster and you must be aware of anything faster and he is just the opposite, the last 4 Years.
And to been payed with big Money, means you have respones big. For me he dont have it to earn this kind of Money. For my Point of View we already overpay him from what he brings to the Game.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Two goals were on him in Game 4. He’s solid enough, but he’s going to ask for far more than he’s worth. His injuries didn’t cause him to make a terrible change and worse, he never works on his skating. Ever. The second was on his being too slow.

Don’t call people idiots, uneducated, or pathetic because they point out that our #1 D has regularly hurt the team. He was fine the first three series but has not been good this series. He has one more year before he has a modified NMC, let’s see how he does during that stretch.
Trade everyone then because no one has been good this series. It’s constant picking on ekblad and it’s ignorant bias horseshit based on nothing. His skating has taken a step back this year no doubt due to the numerous injuries. He should be given time to get healthy and bounce back.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
LOL “constant picking” … reminds me about someone… tip of the tongue…

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Trade everyone then because no one has been good this series. It’s constant picking on ekblad and it’s ignorant bias horseshit based on nothing. His skating has taken a step back this year no doubt due to the numerous injuries. He should be given time to get healthy and bounce back.
You’re either not paying enough attention to Ek as a player, or YOU are the ignorant fanboy. His skating has been bad his whole career. He’s positionally elite, sure, but he relies on that and has never worked on his skating. That’s a problem, add in his injuries and that he’s coming due for a new contract, there’s A LOT to take into consideration when it comes to extending him.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

One more Argument, your Body is done when you include the rest of Injury list.
How can you spereate your Shoulder twice, on some point your muscle getting cut or far overstretched.
LTIR, till next Season rest him, then 10 Teams list and get some assets back. Might be better then a Buyout this Season.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

Hey Aaron, appreciate the super effort during playoffs, the improved play, and definitely you were better with your broken foot and shoulder than an AHL scrub would have been.

Having said that, you do know that you need to improve your skating right? How long will your foot be in a boot? Or otherwise immobile? You know, your feet and legs may be ready to go before your shoulder is, so you should practice your skating as soon as possible. I don’t want to see you beat to the puck all the time and I don’t want you to get another leg injury because you’re so clumsy. Ask Sasha, he took lessons with a top figure skater.

I’m rooting for your skating not to suck next season. Have a good summer!

Reactions: batting1k

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
You’re either not paying enough attention to Ek as a player, or YOU are the ignorant fanboy. His skating has been bad his whole career. He’s positionally elite, sure, but he relies on that and has never worked on his skating. That’s a problem, add in his injuries and that he’s coming due for a new contract, there’s A LOT to take into consideration when it comes to extending him.
Laughable. His skating was not a detriment 2 years ago. Sure he wasn’t explosive but his edges work and pivots were Well above average. his game doesn’t depend on speed and explosiveness. And I’m sick of people saying he doesn’t work on things. Absolutely pure ignorance. Like anyone here has a f***ing clue what his training looks like. And genetically some
people can work their tails off and still not be able to make a noticeable improvement in certain areas due to muscle composition. What an ignorant uneducated post

Reactions: Justlou4545

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Laughable. His skating was not a detriment 2 years ago. Sure he wasn’t explosive but his edges work and pivots were Well above average. his game doesn’t depend on speed and explosiveness. And I’m sick of people saying he doesn’t work on things. Absolutely pure ignorance. Like anyone here has a f***ing clue what his training looks like. And genetically some
people can work their tails off and still not be able to make a noticeable improvement in certain areas due to muscle composition. What an ignorant uneducated post
Barely made it past this. It absolutely was. He’s slow buddy. He’s always been slow. Keep your rude bullshit to yourself if you can’t decently argue your points. You’ve done absolutely nothing to prove why the team should hold onto him after next year when a modified NMC kicks in. You’ve just made yourself look like a whiny fanboy.

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
Ekblad's a warrior, but his body needs to heal. He needs to be put on LTIR until next playoffs. Frees up money to add an actual replacement so we can make playoffs and give his body the time it needs to heal.
110 percent agree. He is a vet and a full 10 months will do his body good to come back strong from years of injuries to make 2 month run.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Barely made it past this. It absolutely was. He’s slow buddy. He’s always been slow. Keep your rude bullshit to yourself if you can’t decently argue your points. You’ve done absolutely nothing to prove why the team should hold onto him after next year when a modified NMC kicks in. You’ve just made yourself look like a whiny fanboy.
No It wasn’t. oeriod. He was In norris talks. Easily a top 10d in the league. And it was a complete non factor. That’s a reality. Go read the threads from 2-3 years ago. barely any complaints. Because it had improved to the point where it was a NON FACTOR! And I was the first one on this board to point out his skating was t good on his rookie year and got lambasted. But once again I turned out to be correct like every single other time. It gets tiring.

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
No It wasn’t. oeriod. He was In norris talks. Easily a top 10d in the league. And it was a complete non factor. That’s a reality. Go read the threads from 2-3 years ago. barely any complaints. Because it had improved to the point where it was a NON FACTOR! And I was the first one on this board to point out his skating was t good on his rookie year and got lambasted. But once again I turned out to be correct like every single other time. It gets tiring.
Lmao, you serious?

Norris votes mean nothing in terms of his strong and weak points, so I’m not sure why you brought that up other than to fanboy. I’ve noted that he’s great positionally, probably elite and yeah one of the best…when healthy, but that doesn’t mean he’s ever improved his skating. He hasn’t. He’s committed penalties in the past or has gotten burnt his whole career due to his inability to work on his skating. He’s looked his best when paired with Soup and Weegar who could both cover for that.

Again, the past means nothing in regard to his future with us. It gets tiring having to bring that up constantly. Two major leg issues over two different seasons, now a broken foot, dislocated shoulder and a torn oblique. And that’s just what we’ve been told about his injuries. Three years now he’s had some serious injuries and will miss time next season.

I don’t think it’s wise to give him a huge raise or to sign him long term. If he’s willing to stay for a decent number then fine, so long as Zito has a solid guy who can get back when he pinched, cause he just can’t. But don’t overpay him or sign him long term. That’ll bite us in the ass. Guaranteed.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Lmao, you serious?

Norris votes mean nothing in terms of his strong and weak points, so I’m not sure why you brought that up other than to fanboy. I’ve noted that he’s great positionally, probably elite and yeah one of the best…when healthy, but that doesn’t mean he’s ever improved his skating. He hasn’t. He’s committed penalties in the past or has gotten burnt his whole career due to his inability to work on his skating. He’s looked his best when paired with Soup and Weegar who could both cover for that.

Again, the past means nothing in regard to his future with us. It gets tiring having to bring that up constantly. Two major leg issues over two different seasons, now a broken foot, dislocated shoulder and a torn oblique. And that’s just what we’ve been told about his injuries. Three years now he’s had some serious injuries and will miss time next season.

I don’t think it’s wise to give him a huge raise or to sign him long term. If he’s willing to stay for a decent number then fine, so long as Zito has a solid guy who can get back when he pinched, cause he just can’t. But don’t overpay him or sign him long term. That’ll bite us in the ass. Guaranteed.
I’m not saying resign him Long term. I’m saying there is nothing to replace hI’m to just dump him like everyone is clamouring for.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I’m not saying resign him Long term. I’m saying there is nothing to replace hI’m to just dump him like everyone is clamouring for.
Well you used a whole lotta words to just say that man, but I agree. Obviously there has to be a plan, but Zito turned Huby and Weegs into Tkachuk, I’m at least willing to trust that he’ll do the smart thing when it comes to Ek.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Well you used a whole lotta words to just say that man, but I agree. Obviously there has to be a plan, but Zito turned Huby and Weegs into Tkachuk, I’m at least willing to trust that he’ll do the smart thing when it comes to Ek.
Ya I liked Huby too but if u have a deal like that for ek absolutely jump on it. But people wanna bash Hun and dump his salary when there is not a single person on the roster that brings what he does

Reactions: 16Skippy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad