Value of: Aaron Dell and Brenden Dillion to the Leafs.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Bracco was over a PPG last season in the AHL. Letunov didn’t even have half a PPG in the AHL last season and is older. Bad comparison. Also they’re different kind of players. Bracco is a playmaking winger that would be in our top 6 right now. Letunov never was seen as anything more than a 4th line C. So again bad comparison.
Bracco is in his d+5 season and hasn’t cracked the NHL for even one game. That should tell you that he’s a top six AHL forward and will pretty much be that barring the unexpected.

Bracco also wouldn’t sniff the top six, unless you’re talking about the cuda.

You're massively overrating him.

Reactions: themelkman

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Bracco is in his d+5 season and hasn’t cracked the NHL for even one game. That should tell you that he’s a top six AHL forward and will pretty much be that barring the unexpected.

Bracco also wouldn’t sniff the top six, unless you’re talking about the cuda.

You're massively overrating him.
Bracco has also been on a team that is much deeper than the Sharks. He’s better than every single player on the Cuda, and half the Sharks current forwards.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I have. I’ve been following him since the draft. I’ve wanted him since then.

Wouldn’t take back Ceci without a first coming back. He’s trash and don’t want him anywhere near this team.
Fair enough, I’ve never really been impressed when I’ve seen him, but I’ll trust you are informed on your opinion then

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015

Wouldn’t take back Ceci without a first coming back. He’s trash and don’t want him anywhere near this team.

This is the only season on his contract. It’s basically 20 games. No one is giving you a 1st for 20 games of 4.5 million in cap relief.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Fair enough, I’ve never really been impressed when I’ve seen him, but I’ll trust you are informed on your opinion then
My big thing is that he has been pushed down by the depth of the Leafs. I think that he would make a great Donskoi replacement for us. He has the ability/skill set to play with Couture and Hertl (if/when they come back). I think getting him now would be good, especially in the trade I proposed because the picks almost even out the trade, because he will be able to adjust and either sink or swim and prove that he belongs in the NHL.
You work for the sharks front office?
Do any of us work for a front office?

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
If its just Dillon and the way the bidding is going you can debate if its 2 and 4 or 1 trade. Defensive rentals are always overpaid and Dillon appears to be the 2020 winner. With dell it has to be a 1 or legit player like Johannson/kapanen etc. The Ceci Bracco and 3 type offers aren't going to get it done.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
My big thing is that he has been pushed down by the depth of the Leafs. I think that he would make a great Donskoi replacement for us. He has the ability/skill set to play with Couture and Hertl (if/when they come back). I think getting him now would be good, especially in the trade I proposed because the picks almost even out the trade, because he will be able to adjust and either sink or swim and prove that he belongs in the NHL.

Do any of us work for a front office?
No, but I'm not making definitive statements or claims, am I?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

You know Ceci is only signed for this year...right? Like he can walk at the end of this season? A 1st? Well alrighty then....

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Sharks won’t take Ceci. No value whatsoever to us. Huge negative.

There's a difference between no value, and huge negative.

Yes, Ceci is of absolutely no value to the Sharks. However, to consider him a "huge negative" or somebody that cannot be easily added to a deal that sees Dillon go the other way is ludicrous. The Sharks aren't going to compromise their future return because they have to pay Ceci for the last 2 months of the season.

That being said, I personally don't see the fit for Dillon with the leafs. They've had great difficulty getting guys to switch sides, and with Rielly, Muzzin, Dermott and Sandin all on the left, I think they're pretty happy with that. It doesn't make sense for the Leafs to make a big investment in pure rentals.

I think they're more likely to pursue guys like Muzzin last year, who have a little bit of term left, and dangle the likes of Kapanen, Johnsson to do it.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
There's a difference between no value, and huge negative.

Yes, Ceci is of absolutely no value to the Sharks. However, to consider him a "huge negative" or somebody that cannot be easily added to a deal that sees Dillon go the other way is ludicrous. The Sharks aren't going to compromise their future return because they have to pay Ceci for the last 2 months of the season.

That being said, I personally don't see the fit for Dillon with the leafs. They've had great difficulty getting guys to switch sides, and with Rielly, Muzzin, Dermott and Sandin all on the left, I think they're pretty happy with that. It doesn't make sense for the Leafs to make a big investment in pure rentals.

I think they're more likely to pursue guys like Muzzin last year, who have a little bit of term left, and dangle the likes of Kapanen, Johnsson to do it.
He wouldn’t even break into our D. He would be taking time in the minors from our young guys. If Ceci is coming, I’d rather keep Dillon/Dell than take him.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
He wouldn’t even break into our D. He would be taking time in the minors from our young guys. If Ceci is coming, I’d rather keep Dillon/Dell than take him.

That's fine -- again, if your Doug Wilson, you don't compromise the future of your team and turn down the "right deal" because it means you have to pay Ceci for 20 games.

Reactions: themelkman

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Hardly sounds like the "right deal" then does it?

Whether Ceci's included has absolutely no bearing on whether it's the right deal for the Sharks -- he's irrelevant to them.

If we're talking about Dillon and Dell, who presumably the Sharks do not intend on resigning -- the only considerations are whether the Sharks can get a better offer in terms of long term assets elsewhere (either separately or together).

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
That's fine -- again, if your Doug Wilson, you don't compromise the future of your team and turn down the "right deal" because it means you have to pay Ceci for 20 games.
Someone else will give us a 2nd, 4th, and a prospect without taking back a shitty player. It’s not like Toronto is giving us some huge overpayment.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I hope the leafs aren't interested in Dillon. He's not the right fit at all for us and anything more then a 2nd is an over pay by us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad