Value of: Aaron Dell and Brenden Dillion to the Leafs.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I know Hutch was great last night, but I still don't think they want him as the long term backup to Freddie, and I think we all know the Leafs are looking for defense.

Why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone what would it take to bring both to Toronto?

Dillion isn't my first choice but I think he ends up here

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Thing is I could see Bracco as part of a package he's not getting a chance in Toronto there is way to much RW depth for him to overcome
Does not Bracco need to pass waivers next year? How many NHL-games has he played. What value to you honestly think he has? We all know he either has to play next year or pass waivers, so his value is very low for an NHL team or rebuilding team.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
I assume the Nylander offer above is entirely a joke.

Something around 2 second rounders and a prospect is what I expect these two players would return

Pistol Pete

Dec 17, 2007
There’s been a lot of speculation that Dillon will fetch a 2nd + B prospect. I think it would make sense from Toronto’s perspective to add Dell to that deal. The Sharks have the ability to retain on both players and/or take back a cap dump and/or Hutch to sweeten the return.

Despite what others might say, the Sharks main needs are (in no particular order):
- Adding quality, cost efficient, younger top-6 forwards.
- Adding higher ceiling forward and goaltending prospects to to their pool.
- Restocking their draft pick surplus.
- Finding a new starting goalie.
- Jettisoning some of their tougher contracts (Jones, Vlasic).

Looking at Toronto, they have some options to fill some of those needs:
- Quality, cost efficient, younger top-6 forwards: Kapanen and Johnsson.
- Higher ceiling forward and goalie prospects: Robertson and Woll.
- Draft picks: 10 picks in 2020 (no 1st or 5th).

Ultimately, it depends on what the market is for Dillon and Dell. It also depends on how Kyle and Sheldon view their current roster and those players available from the Sharks. There definitely seems like a deal could work between the two.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Jokes aside, how do most Leafs fans value Bracco. If he were to be traded on his own what would he get back?
3rd/4th rounder. Maybe

It has already been almost 5 years since he was drafted, and currently has 4 goals and 34 points in 44 games in the ahl (behind notable meh marlies players Aberg and Agostino). A team would have to REALLY love him as a player to give up a 3rd round pick

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I don’t think Bracco ever makes the league. I’d really wonder if doug packages something else with Dillon to get a bigger name prospect or first

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Sharks would be interested in Kapanen. I dunno what the value is there, but we need at least 1 mid-6 winger for our right side and a long term 3C replacement for Thornton.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Sharks would be interested in Kapanen. I dunno what the value is there, but we need at least 1 mid-6 winger for our right side and a long term 3C replacement for Thornton.
I don't see a deal with SJ for Kap.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

The problem there is Kap has term the shark players are both UFA

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Meh Bracco can be of some use,as an elite AHL forward ...Teams need those guys too,helps insulate the younger guys down there

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
What is Bracco's value. Seriously - a 3rd at best but more likely a 4th? He's turning 23 in March, has not had a sniff at the NHL and has become a career AHLer and is tiny. I would rather have a 3rd round pick than Bracco.

Ceci meanwhile is a capdump. Adding those two players cancels out any value Bracco might have had.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
What is Bracco's value. Seriously - a 3rd at best but more likely a 4th? He's turning 23 in March, has not had a sniff at the NHL and has become a career AHLer and is tiny. I would rather have a 3rd round pick than Bracco.

Ceci meanwhile is a capdump. Adding those two players cancels out any value Bracco might have had.
Bracco is a guy that you trade to fill a hole in the AHL....So an AHLer for a AHLer would likely be the value

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad