Value of: Aaron Dell and Brenden Dillion to the Leafs.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
He has a 6 mil cap hit so no, that's not true. Plenty of teams shuffle things around to bring in contracts like that during the off-season regularly. The free run doesn't mean anything because everyone knows what he is. He's cooked.

No team that's at or over the cap this year is going to "shuffle" things around in the offseason to take on Backes $6m hit next year. The teams open to doing that are going to be the ones that already have plenty of space this year.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
No team that's at or over the cap this year is going to "shuffle" things around in the offseason to take on Backes $6m hit next year. The teams open to doing that are going to be the ones that already have plenty of space this year.

Arizona would be a definite team that doesn't have the space now but would do such a deal in the off-season and I'm sure they aren't the only one so I disagree with that take.

SharksFan445

Jan 27, 2020
Writing this here because I apparently can't post a thread.

What about Labanc for Kapanen? Labanc is 6 mos. older, but has more games under his belt and has a better PPG. Seems like a completely fair trade to me.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

What about Labanc for Kapanen? Labanc is 6 mos. older, but has more games under his belt and has a better PPG. Seems like a completely fair trade to me.
No thanks, Kap for defense.

SharksFan445

Jan 27, 2020
So then why would the Sharks do it?
I honestly dont know why the leafs would do it because as the other guy said Kap actually plays defense, but Sharks would do it in a second since Labanc is a garbage hockey player. Hoped Wilson could own Dubas and make up for getting owned by Dorion

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta

How does that help the sharks? We want more forwards, not to swap one for a very similar one that sleeps past practice

SharksFan445

Jan 27, 2020
How does that help the sharks? We want more forwards, not to swap one for a very similar one that sleeps past practice
It helps the Sharks because they'd be getting rid of a shitty player for a good player. Same thing with getting rid of Melker Karlsson, because you know, hes a shitty hockey player.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
It helps the Sharks because they'd be getting rid of a ****ty player for a good player. Same thing with getting rid of Melker Karlsson, because you know, hes a ****ty hockey player.

Melker is garbo sure, but you are just trolling about Labanc.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
With Toronto struggling, I don't think Kapanen for Dillon is a fair trade for Toronto. Kapanen is a decent young player on a good contract. Dillon is a solid defenseman but is just a mercenary. There is merit to the idea that you don't want to kick your competing years down the road, but I'm not sure the Leafs are quite there.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
With Toronto struggling, I don't think Kapanen for Dillon is a fair trade for Toronto. Kapanen is a decent young player on a good contract. Dillon is a solid defenseman but is just a mercenary. There is merit to the idea that you don't want to kick your competing years down the road, but I'm not sure the Leafs are quite there.
I agree that they shouldn’t move Kapanen or Johnsson for Dillon but Timashov doesn’t move the needle at all for us. I think 2nd+Bracco would work great for us but I know lots of Sharks fans don’t agree with me on Bracco.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I agree that they shouldn’t move Kapanen or Johnsson for Dillon but Timashov doesn’t move the needle at all for us. I think 2nd+Bracco would work great for us but I know lots of Sharks fans don’t agree with me on Bracco.

What I mean more, is that I'm not sure the Leafs are competing team, hence, them paying a premium for an in-demand rental might not be the wisest move.

Reactions: themelkman

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

See you could have said that, but nope you went for Kapanen and Johnsson knowing full well that they have term and Dillion doesn't so that makes no sense, you even acknowledge it makes no sense.

So why did you do it?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
See you could have said that, but nope you went for Kapanen and Johnsson knowing full well that they have term and Dillion doesn't so that makes no sense, you even acknowledge it makes no sense.

So why did you do it?
I could ask the same about Timashov :laugh: half joking here.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta

So why did you do it?
Value wise it probably makes sense, but for the leafs and the current team they have, they shouldn’t do it. That’s all he’s saying

Reactions: Gecklund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad