Pre-Game Talk: A Week of New Beginnings (@LAK, @SJS)

How points do we get this week?

Votes: 30 50.0%

Votes: 12 20.0%

Votes: 7 11.7%

Votes: 3 5.0%

Votes: 8 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
First game of the season is always super exciting.

Also my first of many times to complain about the BS start time. I'm going to be in bed before the end of the second period. From there we'll see if I can stay awake while watching.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
No, it hasn't. I'm just a weird person.

(A lot of post-hardcore/alt rock, etc. comes from New Jersey)
I personally subscribe to the theory that certain music/bands are products of their environment and couldn’t exist elsewhere… I don’t think The Misfits could have come from anywhere but New Jersey.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
1697040804395.gif

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
Joke's on you mofo...I've never been to Jersey, and I had the opportunity to in 2019 and MrsRL and I chose to stay in Brooklyn and Long Island City instead!

:cf:
Don’t mind me; I just think performative Jersey grumpiness is fun. if you’re visiting the city there’s no real reason to cross the river unless you want to smell the turnpike. Few people ever venture further out and see what the state is really like.
No, it hasn't. I'm just a weird person.

(A lot of post-hardcore/alt rock, etc. comes from New Jersey)
I feel seen. The jersey music scene is my universe

Reactions: UncleRisto

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I feel seen. The jersey music scene is my universe
I was referencing Senses Fail. I listen to way more Senses Fail and Armor for Sleep than is in any way reasonable in 2023 (although both released albums last year). Also MCR and Thursday (HM: Saves the Day, Midtown, Dillinger Escape Plan, Lorna Shore).

Last edited:

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
I was referencing Senses Fail. I listen to way more Senses Fail and Armor for Sleep than is in any way reasonable in 2023 (although both released albums last year). Also MCR and Thursday (HM: Saves the Day, Midtown, Dillinger Escape Plan, Lorna Shore).
Awesome. I went to grade school with SF’s original drummer, Dan. Grew up down the street from me. One of the people who got me into music. Also love Thursday to death - my old band played shows at a basement on division st. Not sure if it’s the same house.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Awesome. I went to grade school with SF’s original drummer, Dan. Grew up down the street from me. One of the people who got me into music. Also love Thursday to death - my old band played shows at a basement on division st. Not sure if it’s the same house.
Since it's Thursday and I put Full Collapse on, do you reckon their streams peak on Thursdays? I tried to Google it but it didn't say.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Joke's on you mofo...I've never been to Jersey, and I had the opportunity to in 2019 and MrsRL and I chose to stay in Brooklyn and Long Island City instead!

:cf:

As you should have, unless you wanted to go to Atlantic City, or eat a Taylor ham/pork roll, and then spend the rest of your day debating whether it's called a Taylor Ham or a Pork Roll.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad