Pre-Game Talk: A Week of New Beginnings (@LAK, @SJS)

How points do we get this week?

Votes: 30 50.0%

Votes: 12 20.0%

Votes: 7 11.7%

Votes: 3 5.0%

Votes: 8 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Even if he comes from another US team? Shouldn't his paperwork be in order?
Not in the US. Some formalities to solve for some nationalities. Stuff that takes a day or two. No big deal, but not immediate.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Guessing that they may want to be as close to the cap ceiling as possible to maximise LTIR relief? Maybe season starting LTIR works a bit differently though.
There is no cap reason for it. They have the room now and likely promised Annunen a chance and some feel goods.

Reactions: Richard88

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Excited for the season, excited to see how the new guys can help out. Will try to appreciate this season since we're not sure how many cup contending teams we will see again!

Had a random horror thought of the sad days where they claimed Pulushaj and I was running to hockey db to see if he would help the Avs

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
If the Avs lose to San Jose, we burn the servers to the ground.
568818c1-4323-48af-af53-05db3540f6da_text.gif

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I finally caught Covid for the first time... I 100% blame it on the fact that I was in New Jersey. There is no other scientific explanation.
I don't know why, but I'm suddenly imagining you having Ted Mosby-like tangents about your disdain for New Jersey...

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I read Drouin is on the top line? Has he been that impressive at camp?

He was always going to play Top line with Mackinnon.

He had a really good camp in terms of working really hard and spending a lot of time every day after practice working with Mackinnon on a lot of small details, Mackinnon always stays anywhere from like 30-45 minutes after practice by himself normally but Drouin was out with him this time around.

Beyond that, I dont think he was particularly impressive in preseason games, but he didn't look awful either.

Airports suck in general—the worst part of flying.

See I disagree with that lol. I love airports when travelling. I find them to be a fascinating place to see so many people traveling to all different corners of the world together in one spot for a brief period before embarking on those adventures... I also find it cool how you clear security and you end up in a shopping mall :laugh:

But I f***ing hate Pearson airport because its always a complete disaster in terms of scheduling, delays, messy, etc. etc. and certainly a Covid(Or any airborne illness really) hotspot.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't know why, but I'm suddenly imagining you having Ted Mosby-like tangents about your disdain for New Jersey...
Not wrong.

Airports suck in general—the worst part of flying.

Yup... and frankly, I'm not sure there is a worse airport than Newark. THEY HAVE A TERMINAL THAT ISN'T EVEN CONNECTED TO THE REST OF THE AIRPORT!! You literally have to take random buses to get between and if you're connecting, odds are high you'll be going through security again.

Trenton makes (viruses), the world takes (viruses).
Wait this nonsense has gone across the pond?!?

On the bright side, that bridge is one of the few where you don't have to pay a $15 toll to use.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad