A true rebuild

sensageddon

Feb 24, 2013
I keep on hearing the same old crap. Rebuild, Rebuild, Rebuild.

I'm starting to see it as a way of cheaping out so somebody makes more money. I'm calling EM out. This is BS and I have to wonder how much dedication the ownership has to actually winning a cup. I guess we will find out when the rebuild is complete and EK, Spezza and Andy walk away. I think I'll start cheering for a organization with balls.. Maybe Detroit.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I keep on hearing the same old crap. Rebuild, Rebuild, Rebuild.

I'm starting to see it as a way of cheaping out so somebody makes more money. I'm calling EM out. This is BS and I have to wonder how much dedication the ownership has to actually winning a cup. I guess we will find out when the rebuild is complete and EK, Spezza and Andy walk away. I think I'll start cheering for a organization with balls.. Maybe Detroit.

Well, if they raised ticket prices 150% maybe that would help.

I assume you and 18,000 of your closest friends are willing to chip in.

As it is, we don't get the TV deals and merchandise of a major city.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
Maybe we just don't have the resources to maintain a competitive NHL team these days.

Again, I am sour but I seriously wonder about this.

With a lowered UFA age, I'm not sure I want to cheer for a team with no budget.

I don't have to win every year but if I have no hope of seeing my team win the Cup, I'm not sure what to do with that.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Again, I am sour but I seriously wonder about this.

With a lowered UFA age, I'm not sure I want to cheer for a team with no budget.

I don't have to win every year but if I have no hope of seeing my team win the Cup, I'm not sure what to do with that.

Well, we were never able to surround our young talent in the late 90s and early 2000s with any decent veterans.

Cost us more than a few playoff wins IMO.

pearcey

Jun 14, 2013
In my mind I hope we don't sign anymore free agents. We hear all the time about our depth and young prospects and I think its time to give them all a chance. Give Lazar a 9 game trial in the NHL this year to show him what it takes to play in the NHL. Give Puempel, Noeson, Stone and all of the other players that deserve chances a chance to play an important role this year. Losing Alferdsson sets us back another year or 2 in our rebuild. We don't need to do another rebuild we just need to finish this one correctly and give all of our young players a good amount of time in the NHL. Most of our top prospects should get 20-30 games in the NHL this year expect for this years draft class(Lazar). Let Stone, Puempel, Noeson, Hoffman and more play a bigger role in the success of he Senators this year. I don't expect us to come last but i expect us to come 7th-11th.

sens2k9

Aug 8, 2008
I love how for some people the answer to every question is: Trade Spezza

Well hold on now, lets think about this. I mean, with Spezza we just have Spezza. But with the return we'd get, we could get anything! Even a Spezza!

family_guy_mystery_box.png

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Would we have traded them away of alfie had retired?

Alfies gone, but we were never going to be a true contender while he was still able to play.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Go for the complete tear down made absolutely no sense two years ago and it makes even less sense now that half of our line up has tasted a bit of season and playoff success.

Also, Alfie is 40 yo and could have retired too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad