A team's worst ever trade..

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Worst trades ever, I'm a Habs fan so I'll start with Gomez and stuff for McDonagh and Higgins.. Gomez was so so ok for 2 years then whatever.. Habs could use McD now I guess, for like 12 years.. Rangers owned the Habs on this one..

What's yours..

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
That's not close to the worst Habs trade ever.

FA1Oqfw.gif

^ That was.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Maybe sending Dumont and Gilmour to Buffalo for Michal Grosek. Dumont was an unneccessary addition to an already lopsided trade.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
So many come to mind, makes me want to shoot myself

Rask for Raycroft
3OA (Scott Niedermayer) for Tom Curvers

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
Maybe sending Dumont and Gilmour to Buffalo for Michal Grosek. Dumont was an unneccessary addition to an already lopsided trade.

And Chicago retained 50% of gilmour's salary. However I think another buffalo trade was far worse for Chicago......

Reactions: ORHawksFan

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Worst trades/series of events ever:

1) Isles trade Roberto Luongo and Olli Jokinen to FLA for Mark Parrish(who I did like, BTW, but still...) and Oleg Kvasha.

2) Isles, having traded their future #1 goalie, draft Rick Dipietro 1st overall in 2000 instead of Marian Gaborik(it came out after that Gaborik would have been the pick if they didn't take DP).

3) Isles decide to make a splash shortly after, and trade Zdeno Chara, 2nd overall(who everyone knew would either be Spezza or Kovalchuk - but most likely Spezza) + for Alexei Yashin.

Overall...

young Luongo, young Jokinen, young Chara, teenage Spezza, and teenage Gaborik for

Alexei Yashin, Oleg Kvasha, Mark Parrish, and Rick DiPietro

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Worst trades/series of events ever:

1) Isles trade Roberto Luongo and Olli Jokinen to FLA for Mark Parrish(who I did like, BTW, but still...) and Oleg Kvasha.

2) Isles, having traded their future #1 goalie, draft Rick Dipietro 1st overall in 2000 instead of Marian Gaborik(it came out after that Gaborik would have been the pick if they didn't take DP).

3) Isles decide to make a splash shortly after, and trade Zdeno Chara, 2nd overall(who everyone knew would either be Spezza or Kovalchuk - but most likely Spezza) + for Alexei Yashin.

Overall...

young Luongo, young Jokinen, young Chara, teenage Spezza, and teenage Gaborik for

Alexei Yashin, Oleg Kvasha, Mark Parrish, and Rick DiPietro

Bad karma is bad..

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Karma? If anything, karma should award us a second dynasty for that one year stretch of transactions.

Actually, that sank the Isles for like 15 years, going the wrong way et all.. Karma has ended though lol, you'll do fine now, on the right path..:)

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The Jagr trade was a product of the time and economics of the league pre-lockout...the fact that all 3 busted hurt bad, but the Pens were never going to get fair value for Jagr.

Craig Patrick has no excuses for the Naslund for Stojanov trade, though.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Just recently, Kessel for 2 1sts and a 2nd. No protection. Burke actually thought we were a playoff team with #1C Matt Stajan, #1D Ian White, and noted stud Vesa ****ing Toskala :help::facepalm:

2nd lat and 8th last finishes in 2 years. Set the franchise back 6 years.

All-time, trading a 1st to New Jersey for Tom ****ing Kurvers. That 1st ended up being 3rd overall, and Niedermayer was selected with the pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad