GDT: A Song of Ice & Fire | WCQF Game 1: Calgary Flames vs Colorado Avalanche | 8 PM MST | CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Mike Smith. The Flames.
giphy.gif

Good to get the game 1 win! Still room to improve for the Flames, but they still played well especially as the game went on. Go Flames Go!!!

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Boring game for the neutrals but the Flames were excellent. Smitty was a rock

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Some slow points at times but really couldn't ask for a better finish. The second and fourth line were terrific and Smith was solid.

It's likely they were struggling to flip the switch so to speak after coasting for so long at the end of the season. At least that's probably the case for the first line.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Some slow points at times but really couldn't ask for a better finish. The second and fourth line were terrific.

It's likely they were struggling to flip the switch so to speak after coasting for so long at the end of the season. At least that's probably the case for the first line.

Lindy and Gaudreau were firing everywhere. Gaudreau actually f***ing played physical and Lindy did too. Monahan struggled offensively but was a beast in the dot and made some really good defensive plays.

But our depth definitely made the difference. Mack and company couldn't do f*** all against the Backlund line.

Reactions: Shawnofthedeadz

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Damn, watching the replays of the Zadorov hit, he was inches away from blowing up Gaudreau's knee. I knew it was close, but Zadorov completely lead with his knee.

Him and Landeskog are high-key dirty as f***.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Damn, watching the replays of the Zadorov hit, he was inches away from blowing up Gaudreau's knee. I knew it was close, but Zadorov completely lead with his knee.

Him and Landeskog are high-key dirty as ****.
He should get a talking to and warning for lengthy suspension.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The Avs bottom 9 did dick-all tonight while 3M completely shutdown their top line

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
He should get a talking to and warning for lengthy suspension.

Bennett, Neal or Hathaway is going to blow Zadorov up next game, I just know it. As well as Rantanen, don't think he's coming out of this series alive.

DirtDiver

Aug 14, 2017
Canada

Him and Landeskog are high-key dirty as ****.

If you watch the replay you can see he turned his foot to stop the puck. I am just glad that johnny is fine.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Over or under MacKinnon plays even more next game? He had 25:04 tonight. If Colorado goes back to Denver down 2-0 I see him eclipsing 30+ minutes for game 3.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy about the win and how we played, but MacKinnon and to a much lesser degree Rantanen still scare me a lot. When he isn't on the ice though the Flames completely dummy their so called depth.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Superb effort. Lack of execution early on didn't cost us. Great tending and special teams = a very convincing gm1 vic. Loved it.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Great game for the boys.

I maybe the only one but I find Cassie Campbell annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad