GDT: A Song of Ice & Fire | WCQF Game 1: Calgary Flames vs Colorado Avalanche | 8 PM MST | CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
3K1.gif

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Hey guys, I was working and had to work 2 extra hours which caused me to miss the game.

I would like as many of you to give me as good of a summary as you can, some gifs, some goals, some game 1 intake, anything you can say to this guy for missing the game.

Please and thank you in advance!

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Hey guys, I was working and had to work 2 extra hours which caused me to miss the game.

I would like as many of you to give me as good of a summary as you can, some gifs, some goals, some game 1 intake, anything you can say to this guy for missing the game.

Please and thank you in advance!

Take this for now and if you want a little more watch the condensed game on youtube that the nhl/snet posts 2hr or so after the game ends. Those are 8.5-9 min typically. So a bit more action.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Mike Smith, I have been disliking your namby pamby performances throughout the whole season. Hats off to you Sir. That was an arousing show!!!

Reactions: flames23

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
That game really could have gone either way. Without a few big saves by Smitty it’s probably an Avs lead early on.

Maybe.
And maybe if the refs called it consistently we don't spend the first two quarters killing penalties that barely qualify as penalties while the Avs are running interference and slashing our stars.
And maybe if Grubauer doesn't make a few big early saves of his own (one huge one on Monahan, another on Mangiapane, another on Neal) we have a lead far earlier.

Smith didn't steal this win, he kept his team in a 0-0 game just like the other team's goalie did.

Ultimately the goals that broke the dam were goals neither goalie would have stopped, and naturally it was out superior skater group that scored them.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Maybe.
And maybe if the refs called it consistently we don't spend the first two quarters killing penalties that barely qualify as penalties while the Avs are running interference and slashing our stars.
And maybe if Grubauer doesn't make a few big early saves of his own (one huge one on Monahan, another on Mangiapane, another on Neal) we have a lead far earlier.

Smith didn't steal this win, he kept his team in a 0-0 game just like the other team's goalie did.

The overt silence from some critics and this hogwash about Smith not "stealing" is complete bull crap.

This is as good a performance as any Giguere did for the Ducks, Quick for the Kings, or Roy for the the Canadians or Av's. Now one game does not make a playoff run but Smitty has started the Flames post-season in fashion. There were at least 6 TEN alarm glove saves and probably another 3-4 reaction saves that kept the Flames in the driver seat. No doubt about it Mike Smith brought this win home.

Backlund's line gave MacKinnon's line fits all night and to expect the 3M line to lock them down for a complete series would be unrealistic. Like tonight Rantanen, MacKinnon and Landeskog will get their chances. The goal will be for Back's line to inflict more damage than they receive. Night one "Mission Achomplished"

Unsung hero on the night has to be Gio as he just never gives up on a puck no matter if he has to dive, kick it, digest it or anything else he can do to help the team win. 35 years old and 26:02 in ice time.... Madness I tell ya.

Loved seeing Mangiapane's confidence, patience and skill on display for the first goal of the game.

Chucky looks to be taking up the cause as the best sh*t disturber in the NHL in this playoff run and was successful on drawing penalties and getting in the Av's heads. Guess he is still without a room in Denver for game 3 so he wants his selection of minds to live in while he is there.

Hathaway, Bennett, and Neal all played a very good physical game. Rantanen got up slow after his hit. The more their banged up core pays the price the better odds Calgary has of not just winning the series but making a statement by winning in 4-5 games.

Keep her up boys as Your name needs to be the first on that new ring.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Maybe.

Ultimately the goals that broke the dam were goals neither goalie would have stopped, and naturally it was out superior skater group that scored them.

Flames played better throughout the game but you're not giving Smith nearly enough credit for his spectacular game

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
People worried but when the clock strikes 12 and the playoffs begin, you get a very different Mike Smith. As long as the boys score, they'll be a force to be reckoned with. Not much of a Flames fan, but I gotta give credit where credit is due. It doesn't mean much to defeat a team with as many missing pieces as Colorado but it is the BEST series to play first to build team confidence and get them high winding in the right direction. Really wish you well, Flames fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad