A SERIOUS DISCUSSION - Jordan Staal

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Its funny, beause we moaned about if for years, but I like sticking Eric with weak linemates. He gets his no matter what. The same goes for Skinner. Jordan, however, is a possession monster who needs a structured line to generate offense out of the cycle. Something both Semin and Tlusty excel at.

Let Eric and Skinned carry gerbe/Lindholm/Nash/boychuk, and dominate the game when tlusty/jordan/semin?

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Hi guys,

NYR fan and fantasy player here. I haven't heard anything about Jordan Staal since October. Literally nothing. He's a FA in my league and as soon as Dubinsky gets off IR I'd like to pick him up, but has anyone heard how he's doing recently? Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

bluedevil58*

Hi guys,

NYR fan and fantasy player here. I haven't heard anything about Jordan Staal since October. Literally nothing. He's a FA in my league and as soon as Dubinsky gets off IR I'd like to pick him up, but has anyone heard how he's doing recently? Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

Yeah. he has yet to register a point and in all honesty management is seriously considering trading this guy. If you make 6m per year you better have something to show for it. He has literally been invisible this season so far...

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Hi guys,

By "how he's doing recently" you mean "how he's recovering"? Hopefully he'll be back in January. Not much has been said.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
In all seriousness, HAS there been any news about Jordan Staal since early October? Late December/January was the initial estimate, but we're about halfway there and I haven't seen anything.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
In all seriousness, HAS there been any news about Jordan Staal since early October? Late December/January was the initial estimate, but we're about halfway there and I haven't seen anything.

There hasn't and with people like Chip doing the reporting, I'm not surprised

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
You might be right. That sounds vaguely familiar. Still, it wouldn't kill anyone to get something written in the N&O or...no I guess that's the only place with "coverage".

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
A buddy of mine saw him at Chipotle last night with his preggo wife, no boot. Should be back any day now :sarcasm:

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
A buddy of mine saw him at Chipotle last night with his preggo wife, no boot. Should be back any day now :sarcasm:

Damnit so that means we can expect a subpar season next season from the first time father Jordan? :sarcasm:

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I know this thread is about Jordon, but what is up with Eric? I know he has been banged up this year, but is he trending downwards? I know his PIM's are down but would that help explain that he is not as involved offensively since he isn't getting his nose dirty?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad