A SERIOUS DEBATE: How will this team get better?

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I made a bet with Millard Fillmore that there would someday be hockey fans south of Washington DC, he never paid up

My 9th grade history teacher was a direct descendant of Millard Fillmore. Or so he said. That was how I learned who Millard Fillmore is. Whoa, that teacher was younger then than I am now. That was also before this team won anything to speak of.

Anyway, I was at the 3OT game, then got up 5 hours later and went to Niagara Falls because I was in high school and we were going on a family vacation. In '06, I was taking summer classes at Appalachian State. I didn't even get to celebrate because I had a mid-term the next day in a class I ended up retaking. I still think the #hcanes distracted me in that summer session (I took 2 classes that session and don't even remember what the other one was), but I have no regrets. Except for not partying harder that night and just mailing it in on that stupid, very repeatable class.

Full disclosure: it was the only class I ever repeated. And the only one I ever got worse than a B- in.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Homer-yells-nerd.gif

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'm sure he didn't come up with this line himself, but I was having a few beers with a buddy of mine when his college age son came over. They were chatting about something when an age discussion came up and my buddy said. "I'm old enough to remember when vodka only came in vodka flavor."

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Late to the party, but fixing this team happens with one easy move.....bring up the leading scorer from the Checkers.....all is right with the world.:cry:

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
They could still bring up the Checkers' leading scorer who could simultaneously mentor Chris Terry and bring Sasha out of his scoring funk by teaching him "effort". #char

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
They could still bring up the Checkers' leading scorer who could simultaneously mentor Chris Terry and bring Sasha out of his scoring funk by teaching him "effort". #char

We could then hear Semin say

"Я играю с Чад сегодня. Это хорошая вещь."

V4V1984

Sep 14, 2014
Canada
Hey guys' what do you think of Evander Kane? Would you trade for him,considering all the drama that follows him n what do you think the Canes would offer?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The offer wouldn't be high, considering the position the Jets are in re: Kane. Everyone and their grandmother knows the Jets are forced to move him now. Not the best position to be in from a negotiation standpoint.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I'd like to try and wrest Forbert from the Kings and wouldn't mind Emerson Etem either. Both are young, one is still developing and one has slightly underperformed. In either case, these guys should fit with our team going forward. I've heard the Kings are looking for a forward and the Ducks need a defenseman. Throw in a pick or two and that's where I'd send Sekera (Ducks) and Tlusty (Kings) come deadline time.

The other deal for Sekera that I'd like to consider would be something like Adam Erne and one of Tampa's 1sts. Might be too much for the Bolts to swallow. The market for Tlusty is heating up as well. More and more teams are looking for a scoring Top 6 winger and/or good 2 way 3rd line winger. In either case these guys should be awfully valuable.

That's how we get better. We need some talent and we need assets. Now is the time.

V4V1984

Sep 14, 2014
Canada
The offer wouldn't be high, considering the position the Jets are in re: Kane. Everyone and their grandmother knows the Jets are forced to move him now. Not the best position to be in from a negotiation standpoint.

Yup totally agree with what your saying.I wanted Kane traded the second year he was with the Jets. I'm just inquiring due to I read on The Fourth Period that the Jets were interested in Tlusty.Personally I'd like to see Skinner and Tlusty in a Jets uniform.Don't know if the Canes would want him and his issues though.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Skinner won't be part of the deal. I'd say getting Tlusty and maybe our 2nd wouldn't be much of a stretch but no way the Jets would accept that unless Kane has an NTC and explicitly states he wants to come back down south.

ChuckW

Keep the Hurricanes great!
May 15, 2009
Parts unknown
Ugh. No Evander Kane on the Hurricanes, please. I wouldn't trade Tlusty for Kane straight up. Don't want him.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
You people are crazy. First, for saying you wouldn't want the guy. Second, for thinking him coming here is even in the realm of possibility.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
The team does already have two high priced forwards in Skinner and Semin that are struggling with the new system/coach/whatever. Adding a 3rd in Kane doesn't seems risky.

I think looking for other safer solutions is probably the way to go, depending on what it'd take to get him here. Even a nothing deal, like Tlusty and a 3rd or something goofy, there'd still be the money considerations to deal with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad