A SERIOUS DEBATE: Cam Ward . . .

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I don't have a good feeling against either San Jose or Boston, so I don't think it will matter who's in net. That being said, Ward has historically looked pretty good against the Bruins, and it's more important to put up points against an Eastern team than a Western one (minor issue, but one nonetheless).

jstaal

go canes go
Apr 14, 2009
mass
It's already been announced that Ward is going against the B's and Dobby against the Sharks. A decision I disagree with, but hey. Not the coach.
Dont know the record, but have seen Cammer steal quite a few games against Bruins in Beantown.. Just saying. :)

jstaal

go canes go
Apr 14, 2009
mass
Cam's last full season (3 years ago) he started 68 games, won 30, and had a .915 sv%. Two season ago was the lockout, he played 17 games and had the MCL sprain. Of course last season is the most fresh in everyone's memory and he did have subpar performance overall. He certainly struggled last year, but to says he's been "sucky" for 3 years isn't accurate.

Do people really think Khudobin played poorly in that Washington game? He had sat for two weeks and in his first game back, the team clearly hung him out to dry. He made a number of big saves...and yes, coughed up some rebounds...but all things considered I thought he played well. His reactions, movement, and positioning all looked fine to me.
dobby had like 35 saves in caps game didnt he??? I could be wrong.. but he played well

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
dobby had like 35 saves in caps game didnt he??? I could be wrong.. but he played well

He had a lot of saves, but was fighting the puck all night long, gave up a short side goal that he really shouldn't have given up, let a lot of short side shots that shouldn't have become chances, and let out some awful rebounds.

He wasn't the biggest problem that night by any means, but don't confuse making lot of saves for playing well. A lot of those saves came on second and third chances after rebounds he should never have given up in the first place. Much better to make those saves than not, but still not good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad