Value of: A RHD to Oilers

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Low salary cap impact or no impact asset. First round pick would be a base, massaged as needed.
There is diff between a 1st round pick and a top 10 pick..

Oilers would trade 2019 1st+ for Myers but not 2018 1st

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
I assume Edmonton's 2018 first would be included, what else would generally asked for?

We already lost Theodore so losing Montour would hurt. Management had a choice of basically trading Theodore or Montour to Vegas to offload Stoner's contract and our GM chose Theo so that shows you how they value Montour.

We do have Larsson and Mahura but they aren't as proven as Montour is. I'm not sure we can lose Montour without a similar defensemen coming back and for us to move him it would take a sweetener like a skilled forward prospect (Yamamoto) or a first round pick like you offered.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
There is diff between a 1st round pick and a top 10 pick..

Oilers would trade 2019 1st+ for Myers but not 2018 1st
IMO I always pegged Myers value around a 1st from a PO team (so pick 16+) or combo of 2nds+good D prospects. basically around 50% of what Hamonic got.

edit - I know the return for Hamonic had an unprotected 1st, but that's lunacy and you don't see that much often.

Last edited:
Reactions: LTIR

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH are not available

Nurse, Larsson, Klefbom either.

Puljujarvi, Yammamoto, 2018 1st are likely the pieces we would consider for a quality RHD.

Reactions: ujju2

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
As per multiple posts over the past year: Faulk <------> RNH [season as needed to get it done]

If Chiarelli is smart (he doesn't appear to be) Faulk doesn't get the conversation started for RNH.

RNH is too valuable to the team to give up for Faulk plus. Forward group is too weak with him let alone losing him.

Personally I'd love Faulk if there was a deal to be done but I'm not sure the Oilers have the assets so I'd rather the team seek help elsewhere.

Unless the Oilers and Canes both don't move up in the draft via the lottery and they can work out a deal where they flip 1sts and the Oilers add from there.

Reactions: ujju2

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I'd consider Klefbom + 2nd, or some other reasonable add. Kind of a calculated risk, but it would make the Wild's blueline younger and a little cheaper. Brodin would have to shift to RD again, but he and Klefbom have history together.

The Oilers get the LD for RD swap they seem to want and Spurgeon can do pretty much everything they're looking for. He's a little more expensive and older, but he's at a reasonable price and he should be able to play at his current level for at least 5 or so more reason. Likely beyond that. They would have to re-sign him eventually, but he's from the area so maybe that helps?

Not saying either team would jump on it, but I'd consider it.
I usually like your ideas, or at the very least think your reasoning is sound. Don't like this idea one bit.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I usually like your ideas, or at the very least think your reasoning is sound. Don't like this idea one bit.
I guess it depends on what you think of Klefbom and what role you see Spurgeon in on the Wild for the next few years. If Dumba supplants Spurgeon as the top RD, maybe Klefbom can bring what we need on the second pairing for less money?

The obvious problems are Klefbom's injury history and that he's not nearly as good defensively. Plus Spurgeon would be one of the better trade chips we have to acquire more scoring, so aiming for a lateral move to pick up a 2nd probably isn't the best use of resources.

I dunno, just trying to think of something other than Draisaitl :laugh:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I guess it depends on what you think of Klefbom and what role you see Spurgeon in on the Wild for the next few years. If Dumba supplants Spurgeon as the top RD, maybe Klefbom can bring what we need on the second pairing for less money?

The obvious problems are Klefbom's injury history and that he's not nearly as good defensively. Plus Spurgeon would be one of the better trade chips we have to acquire more scoring, so aiming for a lateral move to pick up a 2nd probably isn't the best use of resources.

I dunno, just trying to think of something other than Draisaitl :laugh:
You end up downgrading both the left and right sides of your 2nd pair. PP and PK take a hit as well.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Half of that list wouldn't even help the Oilers.. Kevan Miller? Mark Pysyk? What in the world?

We need a very specific thing. A puckmoving defenseman who is effective on the PP, ideally right handed. We have enough Pysyk's.

Reactions: pmwlker

HockeyAnalystGenius

Jun 15, 2017
Yammato, needs to be a Trade Chip (like a Salsa Chip with Guacamole you have at your Mexican Vacation Bueno Vista). He can Fetch a 5-6D. So then we increase the payment with Puljarvi for a 3-4D. If the Offer is Right then We Increase one more time with a 1ts round pick fora #1 D. So that is the move I would make as General Management.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Half of that list wouldn't even help the Oilers.. Kevan Miller? Mark Pysyk? What in the world?

We need a very specific thing. A puckmoving defenseman who is effective on the PP, ideally right handed. We have enough Pysyk's.

And I quote: Now I know a lot of these deals won’t fly given team circumstance/needs, but I just want to see what other fans would think is fair value for those mentioned above.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH are not available

Nurse, Larsson, Klefbom either.

Puljujarvi, Yammamoto, 2018 1st are likely the pieces we would consider for a quality RHD.
When you say quality you mean at 45 dman right. That's all you get for those pieces maybee a 3dman

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Yammato, needs to be a Trade Chip (like a Salsa Chip with Guacamole you have at your Mexican Vacation Bueno Vista). He can Fetch a 5-6D. So then we increase the payment with Puljarvi for a 3-4D. If the Offer is Right then We Increase one more time with a 1ts round pick fora #1 D. So that is the move I would make as General Management.
You will not get a 1d for that quantity does not equal quality

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad