GDT: A really early weekday game against Florida(1PM)

Nth Turtle Reborn

Mar 15, 2019
Watching our PP is like watching Enter The Dragon...

...without Bruce Lee (Couture), John Saxon (Hurtl), Jim Kelly (Kane) & Bolo Yeung (EK65?)...

...kinda no point in watching it at all

Reactions: Sandisfan

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
With a roster like this, Burns has to be one of the best players for the team to win.

He's probably been the single worst player so far through 40. Has looked a step behind the play all night, even before his assist to Hoffman.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Just to sort of needle people, that Hoffman goal is the type of goal that people would’ve nailed Jones to the wall for even though it is totally an unforced turnover by Burns.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Just to sort of needle people, that Hoffman goal is the type of goal that people would’ve nailed Jones to the wall for even though it is totally an unforced turnover by Burns.
Dell bit hard on that, if he didnt over react its an easy save

Nth Turtle Reborn

Mar 15, 2019
Wasn't Daddy's goal 'cos Burns decided to float in the high slot with Dads all alone in the crease too, or am i being overly harsh?

So much for EK65's absence allowing him to regain form/importance... Impotence more like

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Dell bit hard on that, if he didnt over react its an easy save

Dell almost always bites hard because his choice is to open the wickets or not get over to cover the post because of his size and reach. Pretty standard for smaller more athletic goalies. I don’t blame Dell for the goal but I wouldn’t have blamed jones for that either. But others definitely have different standards for the two goalies.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
With a roster like this, Burns has to be one of the best players for the team to win.

He's probably been the single worst player so far through 40. Has looked a step behind the play all night, even before his assist to Hoffman.

I think the problem with Burns is that he is not driving play any more. He is waiting on the point to take shots OR trying to make long stretch passes which is really not his strength. The few games this year he has driven play and tried to use power skating moves to the net, he has looked dangerous. But he just does not play that way anymore. Not consistently anyway.

I think if there is a chance we can move Burns this off-season, we should. With Erik Karlsson on the roster we don't necessarily need the type of offense we used to depend on from Burns. The better option would be to get a more steady top-4 D-man who is good for 25-35 points a season. I really don't see Burns moving but I think we need to definitely some money spent between Burns and Vlasic to improve our forwards.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
And thats playing less than 10 min/game.
I expect that number to go up with the injuries we have. More so if we end up trading one of Melker or Sorensen.

What I have loved about his is that while he does not use his size to be physical (enough), he does use it to do a really good job protecting the puck.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think the problem with Burns is that he is not driving play any more. He is waiting on the point to take shots OR trying to make long stretch passes which is really not his strength. The few games this year he has driven play and tried to use power skating moves to the net, he has looked dangerous. But he just does not play that way anymore. Not consistently anyway.

I think if there is a chance we can move Burns this off-season, we should. With Erik Karlsson on the roster we don't necessarily need the type of offense we used to depend on from Burns. The better option would be to get a more steady top-4 D-man who is good for 25-35 points a season. I really don't see Burns moving but I think we need to definitely some money spent between Burns and Vlasic to improve our forwards.

Even during Burns’ best years he wasn’t really driving play in the attacking zone. He had more forward depth to win board battles down low to funnel it to the point for him then. Now? Not so much both on the possession and speed front. Limits his opportunities but he’s also not jumping into the play as often either.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009

I wouldn’t put a breakaway goal on either goalie. Dell was getting bashed just as much as Jones was when they were both posting a .885-.895 SV%. The fact that Dell has stolen a couple of games while posting a .924 sv% in his last 10 starts earns him some additional rope. People didn’t start hating on Jones because it was fun.

Nth Turtle Reborn

Mar 15, 2019
Another Parros suspension incoming... who alse can we call up with Suomela possibly out injured & Noesen getting a DOPS call?

Can we talk Ricci into a role change? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad