Pre-Game Talk: A Real Rivalry on Wednesday Night | Flyers @ Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
No Paul Martin or Tanner Glass at #Pens practice at Southpointe.
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/399934728977252354p

I'm sure it's just a maintenance day for Glass (he's invincible) but if there's even a chance Martin is out for Wednesday, we need to call up Despres immediately.

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG
Penguins lines and pairings: 19-16-22, 14-87-9, 36-71-18, 17/59-46-27, 3-58, 44-5 and 41-2. Again, no 7 or 15.
https://twitter.com/MolinariPG/status/399934738917359616

Niskanen-Letang broken up is a positive, D'ags on the third still, not so much.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 15m
Penguins lines and pairings: 19-16-22, 14-87-9, 36-71-18, 17/59-46-27, 3-58, 44-5 and 41-2. Again, no 7 or 15.
https://twitter.com/MolinariPG/statu...34738917359616

I guess DB finally see's what we see.
That Niskanen-Letang no worky.

Maata-Letang
Orpik-Engelland
Bortuzzo-Niskanen
are the pairings.

Megna filling in for Glass.

I really don't know what this kid did wrong in the Ranger game.
I also figured D'ags who had 1 nice hit versus the Blues would stick just cuz DB values those things more than points/drawing penalites.

Last edited:

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Nice to see Maatta-Letang. Not so nice to see D'Agostini in over Megna.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Wasn't last Wednesday rivalry night vs. the Rangers? I'm pretty sure that's a "real rivalry" too. ;)

As for the pairings who knows if those practice pairings will stick or if they'd stick in a game but will be interesting to see Maatta and Tanger on the same pairing.

Not sure I like that but it's early in the season. For one thing it's a smallish, somewhat soff pairing. For another I'm not sure they will compliment each other that well but obviously Maatta is the stay at home guy in that pairing. We'll see what happens. Worth a look against a struggling Flyers team if nothing else.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Not sure I like that but it's early in the season. For one thing it's a smallish, somewhat soff pairing. For another I'm not sure they will compliment each other that well but obviously Maatta is the stay at home guy in that pairing. We'll see what happens. Worth a look against a struggling Flyers team if nothing else.

I think it will be better than Niskanen-Letang (really, I'd think pretty much anything would be better than that) but I'm not completely sold on it either.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Yeah I hate to parrot some of the season-long complainers but Niskanen should be moved. He's had some solid games this year and his value probably won't get much higher than it is now. We'd be better off moving him and D'Ags out of here and bringing in a legit sandpaper winger with some scoring touch. I didn't think Kobachoo had a bad start to the season but he's out / not reliable health wise so we need someone else.

For better or worse I'd like to see the coaches just make a decision and stick with it. Let the kids go through the damn learning curve even if it means losing some games. Make a trade to strengthen our bottom 6, get Elmer up here and roll with:

Trade - Sutter - Beauner
Glass - Vitale - Adams

Orpik - Martin
Elmer - Letang
Maatta - Bortuzzo
Engo

When Kobachoo comes back, Glass or Adams can sit (right).

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh

Eh. Scuderi isn't exactly a large guy, and doesn't play all that physical, aside from the odd hip check here or there, and he'll be Letang's mainstay once he's back.

It's fine to have question marks about a Maatta-Letang pairing right now, but I don't think size/physicality should be one of them, especially considering who would be there anyway (Scuds) and who was there most recently (paper-soft Niskanen).

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Nice to see Maatta-Letang. Not so nice to see D'Agostini in over Megna.

D'agostini will be given chances and eventually Disco is going to stop. But with Shero getting him here for a year it's not surprising. I actually liked the guy and thought he could have helped. Guess we see now with a more offensive balanced lineup

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
what's the point of keeping Megna up? Let him play somewhere rather than wasting him in the press box while Glass and Adams and Dags light up the league with their stellar play.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
what's the point of keeping Megna up? Let him play somewhere rather than wasting him in the press box while Glass and Adams and Dags light up the league with their stellar play.

That's what I was thinking. I think he should be on the 3rd line given his play, but if he's not playing in the top 9, he should be sent down. He can help WBS and needs time to develop anyway.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
That's what I was thinking. I think he should be on the 3rd line given his play, but if he's not playing in the top 9, he should be sent down. He can help WBS and needs time to develop anyway.

same thing as Despres last year. He should be in, but if you're not going to play him so MARK ****ING EATON can get in there, then at least send him down so he's playing.

People who think the young kids are treated properly have to at least admit that the team mismanages their development. If they haven't earned playing time in the NHL, get them some SOMEWHERE.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
It's kind of a weird time to be giving D'Agostini games. Beau and Neal are back. And Megna's now sitting.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
This is the kind of game that the Pens could blow. Like the Rangers' game. I could easily see the Pens take the Flyers very lightly and get lit up. Which is sad as I have tickets to this game.

While I want the Flyers to win just enough to screw themselves out of a good draft pick, I certainly do not want that against us.

SteelFish87*

i dont think they will take this game lightly especially since they lost their last 2 games.

look for the Pens to win big. philly sucks

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
i dont think they will take this game lightly especially since they lost their last 2 games.

look for the Pens to win big. philly sucks

Right or wrong, I always have this fear that Philly will show up and gain momentum from playing the Pens. They played us tight last game and Giroux finally scored his last game. We SHOULD win but we seem to bring out the best and worst in Philly (that's what rivalries are for I suppose).

Tumty

Aug 18, 2012
Finland
KCD line still together. I just dont get why Danny boy doesnt see that dupuis is better in third line. I just cant get it. And i know any guy on hf says the same thing, but now another scoreless night for sid, dupuis srews couple empty nets and maybe gets even more ice time for that. That Danny's logic. Flyers 4 pens 1

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
The last time Sid was held pointless after two consecutive pointless games (and therefore making it three consecutive games) was on November 9th, 2009. So that's very unlikely to happen at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad