A pure goal scorer???

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
Nice for the Flyers to acquire a finisher or can a prospect jump into the lineup to take the burden of Simmer or V?
Schenn's lost of goals hopefully can be rectified by Lindblom's arrival but....
Weal needs to fill the net also!
212 goals were good for 19th in the NHL last year...and that just won't cut it for a playoff spot this year!

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Nice for the Flyers to acquire a finisher or can a prospect jump into the lineup to take the burden of Simmer or V?
212 goals were good for 19th in the NHL last year...and that just won't cut it for a playoff spot this year!

Almost anyone should make up the amount of goals Brayden Schenn had last year at ES. 8 goals at ES.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
A healthy Raffl can do that!
(now playmaking, well, that's another story).

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016

What really hurt the Flyers early on was the goals against.
Once the Flyers defense dug that hole, it was insurmountable to climb out of it.

The young defense that's going to be in front of Elliott and Neuvirth, will do doubt give up a few as they will be going through the learning curve.

Brayden Fattison

Mar 4, 2013
VdV (hopefully) and Bellemare are off to greener pastures, so that offensive black hole is gone. Scott Laughton alone should replace their goal totals.
Giroux is apparently healthy this year.
Ghost should be better this year.
Our D corps is about to get an influx of young talent.
Couts will probably have better linemates.
Schenn was garbage at 5 on 5.
Lindblom had the 2nd most goals in the SHL.
And, oh yeah, we got Nolan ****ing Patrick.
So relax and put the exclamation points and triple question marks away.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Patrick, Lindblom, Konecny's sophomore season, a full year of Weal and Filppula, should be more then enough to cover the loss of Brayden Schenn.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
They'll score a lot more goals if they stop taking no danger shots from further out than any other team as their Plan A. Stop doing that and they'll magically find a few goal scorers on their roster.

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
Just figured it out...WADE ALLISON!
To me,he resembles a Rick Tocchet kind of player with a nice hands...
Power forward that is hard on the puck,scoring touch and never gives up!

SheasRebellion6

Jan 17, 2012
Didn't realize we were in the midst of a heat wave. Gotta stay hydrated to protect your brain from getting scrambled.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
They'll score a lot more goals if they stop taking no danger shots from further out than any other team as their Plan A. Stop doing that and they'll magically find a few goal scorers on their roster.

Watch out saying that, i pissed off a certain few for saying haks brilliant strategy sucks

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

I dont think we will have any problem replacing Schenns production.

Patrick has been one of the best goal scorers in the WHL the past 2 years. Lindblom just finished 2nd in the SHL in goals. Konecny has a lot more to give.

I think this team is gonna score a whole hell of a lot more than last season.

The 3rd and 4th lines are WAAAYYY better. The Defense should be able to move the puck more efficiently and support the offense more regularly.

And last but not least, I am praying Hak takes his head out of his ass and plays more aggressive.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany

So much this.

Hence why I am afraid #Hakslogic will do no good for the Flyers long-term.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Berube was a better coach than Hakstol, and that is saying something, because he I am pretty sure he is 75% cromagnon.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
And last but not least, I am praying Hak takes his head out of his ass and plays more aggressive.

They did play aggressive to start last season, defensemen were putting up points in record numbers, unfortunately, so were opposing teams.

I think this year may be the opposite, start a bit conservative, then gradually become more aggressive once the kids are integrated into the scheme.

One key is players buying in and cycling properly, you don't want 4 players caught in the O-zone with 2 on 1s the other way, so they have to read the play - when the D-man attacks, someone has to cycle back to cover for him. When they get that working properly, players like Ghost, Provorov and Sanheim will make a lot of plays.

One thing I want to see is Giroux shooting better, I think the toughest shot to stop is from the faceoff circle, 20' away, wrist to the upper corner - yet he missed numerous opportunities from that spot. Forget the big slapshot, the quick, accurate wrist shot is the goalie killer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad