A (perhaps) unpopular opinion... (pageau-Lazar)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think everyone (Sens fans) likes Lazar as a player and as a person and everyone wants him to succeed.

I also think at times it really looked like Pageau and Condra carried the 3rd line more than their share as did Zibanejad and _____ carried the 2nd line while Ryan was in la la land.

Seriously the Sens could have beaten the Habs even carrying those players which is impressive.

To me Lazar lacked confidence... Saying he was good defensively is true but that part of the game seems to come more naturally to him. He thinks the defensive part of the game well and puts himself in position to be responsible defensively. He also played a good physical game.

With the puck he seemed like he didn't want it and certainly didn't want to be the man with it. He played it safe, like he was afraid of making a mistake. Those things are understandable but to occupy that spot and hold on to it he needs to be more assertive, he needs to be able to hang on to the puck, control it, beat somebody one on one sometimes, and make good plays. He needs more confidence to do that.

IMO he found the one step jump from Junior to the NHL too much and for his style of play he needs time to get stronger and quicker. He will certainly get every opportunity to show he belongs this fall but going to the A could be just what he needs to realize his potential. Letting him have success and demonstrate to himself first and the team that he belongs in the show would be much better for him that have him not gain the confidence to succeed by rushing him.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Just out of curiosity, what bargaining power does the CHL have? I mean, how do they actually stop this from being imposed?

I like that we keep some star power down in the CHL, it bolsters the league and makes it a better place for other players to develop too, but if the NHL decides it no longer wants to limit these 19 yr old kids from playing in the AHL, what power does the CHL actually have to stop it? Honest question, cause I really don't know.

The NHL and the CHL have a player transfer agreement that is ratified by the NHL Board of governers. So the NHL polices this.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I'd be okay with Lazar in Binghamton for the start of the year to get his scoring up, as long as the guy staying as the 4C beats him off the roster and is not just there because of a bad contract situation. Legwand is not that guy; neither is Smith. I do see Lazar as a Centre.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
keep both pageau at center and lazar on wing.

both play hard and fit their current position and could mature into top 6 forwards

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad